2

Me: Thanks so much for making time to speak with me.

Jimin's office is very much like the man himself. It leaves one with the impression of a fastidious devotion to minimalism. As far as orderliness goes, it's flawless.

Me: I guess it's a little late for introductions, but here's my business card.

Jimin: ...

Song Areum of Sigma Solutions. That's the name and identity I'm using on this mission. Sigma is an actual consulting firm, but I've made certain Jimin will never be able to track them down. Obviously, Sigma isn't even close to PARK's level. I don't think PARK would be concerned with associating with Sigma, and my instincts were on point. Jimin proves that further by glancing at my business card once and refusing to accept it.

Jimin: When I said I'd listen to what you had to say, I didn't mean extraneous nonsense. Get to the point.

This guy isn't giving me any openings. Talk about difficult... I need to play it safe with Jimin. Without messing around further, I take out the handkerchief and hold it out to Jimin.

Me: Here you go. I appreciate what you did for me the other night. I wanted to thank you again for treating my cut, so this actually worked out very well.

His expression remains unreadable as he reaches to take the handerchief. Just then...

*rrrring*

The phone in his office rings, Jimin picks up and walks away from his seat.

Jimin: What is it? No, not just the engagement. The entire arrangement is back to square one. Yes...

Engagement... Square one... He's talking about the man he just threw out of his office, Mr. Kim from J-Cloud. They seemed to have arguing over something. I guess that's what this phone call is about. For word to have traveled this fast, whoever's on the other side of the line must work here. When a person as prominent as Jimin is engaged, the arragement is never simple. They are probably lots of loose ends the need cleaning up. As he speaks, I detect hints of irritation and fatigue in his tone. And the handkerchief and the rigns are still in my hands... No I can use this situation. I need to make the most of what I've been given...

Jimin: Yes. But as far as that goes...

Once I'm certain Jimin is focused on his conversation, I touch my earring again. The jewelry is atually outfitted with a miniature camera. I begin to record video footage of the office with an emphasis of suspicious area. Even if today turns out to be fruitless, I stil want to gather infomation that can be useful in the future. Where would he be storing the 007 code? If the code was made to control every itineration of the AI at once, then it would have to be somewhere secure... I'm quitely considering the matter when I happen to look back at Jimin. What I see shocks me.

Jimin: Yes, I know. I'll call you back later.

After a brief conversation, the phone call ends. The entire time I was casually searching Jimin's territory, he was also unobtrusively observing me. It's ok. I didn't do anything to let on what I was up to. It's just a coincidence that he happened to be looking at me. And even if it wasn't, he's just a little suspicious, that's all. He's the CEO of PARK Inc., of course he's warier than most. I've had tatget who'd easily surrender the infomation I needed, but Jimin is the polar opposite. He's the kind of foe I have to respect. I've made my decision. I'm not going to let this end this way.

Me: You're going to embarrass me, staring at me like that...

Jimin: What were you looking at just now?

Me: The scenery outside you window. I guess CEO's get the best views.

Jimin:.... Could you please give me that back?