Rockets to Infinity (DRAFT)

"Get a drink for my brother Francis here!" I enthusiastically shout with a bright and shiny grin on my face.

"No, no, I can't get drunk here. Not before my mission tomorrow. If I showed up drunk, they would kick my ass and probably fire me too. Tomorrow is something big, something great, and something amazing. I don't want to ruin it just because I had a little too much to drink." Francis modestly remarks in reply. As he does his blue eyes shine in the brightness of the room we, our family, and even our extended family is in.

"Oh, come on man, it's the party before you before you go to a moon colony. You really should drink something. God knows you'll not be able to touch a glass in an extremely long while. You guys already beat our nation's biggest rival to the moon. They may have beaten us at getting into space itself, but we still have the upper hand now. It's time that we push it as far as it could possibly go."

"We did, but that still doesn't mean I can show up to work completely hammered. I'll take some water please, and thank you." Francis exclaims with a gentle sounding tone.

"Come on son, you should have at least one drink." Francis's and my bald headed, white skinned father directs to the man. "You know the old song goes, "one for my baby, and another one for the road." You'll need a good drink on the road you're going on. I still can't believe that my son is going to land on a lunar colony. I'm so proud of you Francis, I really am."

As Francis and our father talk. I look around the room. We're in a small backroom at our father's home. The backroom itself has tile flooring that is so clean that it reflects the light off from it. I can't stand to look at my own reflection from it. Just don't like my own reflection. In a little bit to my left is the living room. Where my uncles, sisters, and my in-laws are hanging out at this current moment. The kitchen is to our right, where our father just came from.

"I'll go get you some water." My father says to presumably Garry. "I n

"Garry," I hear my name called out to me.

Turning, I see it's my brother who is looking at me directly. Our father is moving back to the living room to join the rest of our family.

"Yes, Francis?" I curiously reply with a smile on my face.

"Thanks man," Francis begins to reply with a somewhat bashful emotion. "I'm glad that everyone is here to support me before my big day. You only really get one chance in life to become a success. Call me starry eyed, but I see this rocket launch as my chance, my victory, and is my way of going down into history. It's my rocket to infinity and beyond."

"No problem man, it's what I'd gladly do for you." I respond with a warm and compassionate tone. "No need to be so shy, we're all here to support you. Mom and Dad are proud of you beyond belief and I can't say that I'm not proud too. You're my brother and I love you man. As blood is thicker than water. There's only so much family that you got there, so you should be there for them as much as you humanly can be."

"You got something running down your shirt Garry."

I quickly look down at my yellow polyester shirt that is almost as bright as my lightly colored skin and long dark hair.

"Ha, ha, made you look." Francis quips.

"Damn it Francis, you shouldn't be playing jokes like that right now.

"Okay, I won't. I just couldn't resist playing a prank on my younger brother."

"I hate you sometimes, you know that, right?"

"I thought you just said loved me like a brother though, what suddenly happened?"

"Oh, piss off!" I shout in frustration.