Another Boy

I was laying on the couch watching something boring on TV, when I felt my phone buzz. I peered down at my phone, only to see Harry’s face on my caller id. I quickly hit decline, then tossed my phone back on the floor.

I had been avoiding Harry all week, but he insisted on calling me. I tried to focus back on the TV, but I couldn’t help but think about Harry. I hated ignoring him like this. We were so cool a week ago. Then he had to go and kiss me and that’s when everything changed.

I was shaken out of my thoughts, by the doorbell ringing. I scuttled over to the door, throwing it open. When I realized it was Harry, I tried to slam the door, but Harry’s foot stopped me.

“Move your foot,” I growled, placing a hand on my hip.

“Just hear me out,” He pleaded. I opened the door just a tad more, cocking my head to the side. 

“Alright, I’m listening,” I sighed.

“I don’t know what’s been going on with you this week, but I don’t care. I really like you and I’m willing to put all of this behind me if you are,” He began.

“Look,” I said, holding my hand up and cutting him off. “I can’t do this with you Harry.”

“Do what?” 

“I can’t sit here and let you fall for me,” I sighed, awkwardly shifting my weight. “I’m really sorry Harry. I lead you on. I can’t say I feel the same about you because I have a boyfriend.”

“Screw him,” Harry croaked. I could tell he was trying to hold back his tears. “I don’t care about him. I just want you.”

“I know, but your wasting your time. I made a mistake lying to you. What you’re looking for I just can’t give to you. You are just another boy to me. I’m sorry,” I replied. I carefully closed the door, so I wouldn’t have to see him cry.

I rested my back against the frame of the door, as tears began welling up in my eyes. I had broken somebody’s heart. Yes, I had a boyfriend, but that doesn’t make it any easier. *GIF*