Chapter 2: The Owl

Finishing everything that was on the list, you grabbed your satchel, you placed the little book inside. You stormed down the stairs and outside you went. The sky was clouded, more likely it will rain again soon, but you didnt mind the rain. Wearing nothing more than a white loose blouse and a pair of your favorite jeans, deciding to head back to the park. A gentle warm breeze passed you by, the scent of pine in the air, it was truly remakleable for what rain can do at the time. Sitting down by the old tree, while looking up, you noticed something beautiful in the tree. It was nothing more than a white barn owl, strange normally they arent usually far from here. It hopped down the branches down to your knee. You werent scared to say the least, more like this creature was your own. You shook your head silly, yet it was a rare thing to see and it doesnt seem like the kind of nature it would do. You took a small bold move and began to pet the owl on tops of its head, surpriseling it made a small noise, telling you it like it.

"You are friendly, are you someones pet?" the owl shook its head, it seems it can understand you. "Guess your lonely huh?" its nodded it head. You kind of felt bad for the poor creature. "I'll be your friend if you want to.." it moved close to you, causing its head to nuzzle against your chest. You couldnt stop yourself from smiling a little. The owl than moved to the branch, yet it only kept staring at you. It seems like it wanted to hear what more you had to say.

~

The conversation kept going for who knows how long. The owl never moved from its spot. Paying attention to every detail that you told this creature. You were amazed it stayed this long to listen.

"You know you remind me of someone in this book." you began to go into you bag, taking out the bright little red book. The owl seem to widen its eyes, staring at the gold lettering that shine. It moved its head up and down, you only looked over at the owl, it stopped what it was doing as you turned to the page, showing the owl. It looked like a reflection of itself. "This owl does look like you." you spoke. You closed the book and placed your hand over the cover. "Can I tell you a secret?" The owl moved closer, listening. "This book, is just the place I want to be, free from all this." The owl tilts his head in amusement. "Maybe even the king of the golbins would let me stay...he sounds handsome..even charming...but.." putting the book away, the owl on spoke,

"Who?"

"Its only a fantasy...even if there was such a king..what would he want to do with a mortal girl..better yet..its sounds fooless to even consider the possibilties of it actually being real." you had to face the facts, everything that you knew was either a lie or the truth, non-fiction to fiction. "I wish...I wish I can see him..." the owl moved its head closer to you, hoping for you to finish saying the words. I wish..I can...oh..I cant.." getting up from your spot and looking back at the owl. "I'm sorry. I do hope I can see you again, friend." the sad look in its eyes, pleaded. Yet you couldnt known. Thunder was heard from above and suddenly rain began to pour down hard, holding your bag close to you, you ran away from the old tree. An echo breeze through the air,

"What a pity."

~

Even though you were soak to the bone, a quick change of clothes as you were in your room. Wearing nothing more than a black blouse, leaving some clevage to show, it was not like anyone was going to look anyway, you were just comfortable for a bit since you were home and finally weaing only a navy tight pants, you were slim nor fat just an average girl as you stare at yourself in the mirror. Yet, for someone like yourself, your mother always wonder how you couldnt even get a date back in high school. You heard the footsteps coming up the stairs, the door was blasted opened and you jumped out of your skin. Your father was in your room, uninvited.

"Get out."

"What?"

"I said get out!" this was happening so fast, you didnt know what went wrong, you did everything on the list.

"I did everything-"

"Thats not the point, you are grown up, no job and no life. You need to act like an adult, I'm tired of wasting my money on you."

"Wait, please I can get a job and-"

"Get out now!" rushing to get your bag, you ran out of your room and down the steps you went. Upon seeing your mother, she had tears in her eyes, your baby sister stared at you, reaching her hand out to you. You heard yelling and screaming between two of your parents, the babies wails echo through the house. In the storm you were, tears rolled down your face. It really happened, they didnt seem to care about you. You hated your life, you tripped over your feet, landing face planted on the grass. Soak as you were once more, laying in the dirt that now turned to mud. You wanted to lay there and not be heard from again. Looking up you noticed the owl from earlier, it nevered left its post. You didnt realized you were in the park, but you only cry to yourself. Mumbling under your breath,

"This isnt fair, I dont derserve this..." lighting crack in the sky, it was too dangerous to be in the middle of the field. Hitting one of the trees, causing the branch to fall on the ground. Thunder roar in the sky once more. Winds were picking up speed, causing the branches to fall off. You were scared, you wish someone was here with you. Eying the owl once more, you only hope this would work, even if it is such a fairytale.

"I wish..I wish the golbins would come and take me away..right now." the owl began to flapped its wings, causing you to feel as you were fallen through the ground. Everything was going dark, your voice couldnt be heard. Your eyes flutter, only seeing the owl comes throughs you as they shut.

~

The sounds of laughter and chaotic was running amuck. In the center of the room, the goblins eyed the girl that was sitting on the throne. The goblins couldnt believe there eyes of what they caught. It wasnt a baby more like..

"Set aside." hearing that voice only made a few of the golbins cringe with fear others were more fearless in their own ways. Moving out of the way as they were, the fae before them bowed to him. "Leave me." and so they did. Every single one of them left their king alone with a mortal. The king himself stared at you, the mud that was once there was gone, like it never even happened. He hovered his gloved hand over your face, gently swiping some of your hair out of your face. He curled his lip, he finally had you right where he wanted.

"My king-"

"Not now."

"But you order the room to be arrange." it slipped his mind. The silence was the answer of the goblin to know he listened. Leaving his king once more. He only looked down at you once more.

"I move the stars for no one." he whispered as he slowly picked you up and carried you to the room you would be staying at. Gentley he set you down on the soft bed, with a snap of his fingers you were changed from the clothes that you were to a long pale grey night gown. He leaned down and kissed your forehead. "Sweet dreams~" and so he left you. Causing your dreams to fall back to the ball room scene, dancing with the man you wish knew.