P R O L O G U E

I watched the flames engulf our temple. The heat caused sweat to drip down my face and mix with the tears I couldn't hold back anymore. My memories laid in ruins in front of me along with the bodies of those I had grown close.

Ben Solo turned to me. The look in his eyes told me the boy I used to know was long gone. I could feel the Light crushing under his presence. It terrified me.

His gaze froze me, and I prepared for the worst. I clamped my eyes shut, not wanting to see his face. The sound of his lightsaber vibrated in my ear, making my body shake uncontrollably. It was only inches from my face, barely singeing my hair.

My heart wanted to pound out of my chest, making it hard to breathe. There were no more tears left in me by then. I felt my world go silent in anticipation as I waited for the inevitable.

To my surprise, his hand gripped my shoulder gently. I opened my eyes to see the lightsaber on the ground. I didn't understand what was happening, but I couldn't help but feel a little relieved. The breath I didn't know I was holding in escaped my lips.

"Come with me. There is so much to learn." His voice was as warm as I remembered, but something about it sounded desperate. I stared back into his dark eyes. There was nothing familiar about those, however. Ben Solo was lost somewhere unreachable.

I don't think I had any choice. If I didn't go with Ben, he'd skewer me. If I did, I'd be forced into the dark with no hope of return...

There was a pause between us. The tension had raised, and I gulped back my fears. I looked at his hand he outstretched in front of me. He was waiting for me to take it.

I glanced at the burning temple, that held my fondest memories, one last time. Every part of me was against this. My whole body told me not to...

My hand touched his.

Even though there was a handful of others he spared, I believe, at that moment, we knew we were the only ones that were going to understand each other. Our futures were forcefully intertwined, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.