T H R E E

What if?

"Take me with you," I spoke. I could hear myself say it, but it didn't sound like it was coming from my mouth.

"What?" Poe looked at me. I released my grip and turned to face them. I scanned the halls and ushered them into an empty room that I locked behind us.

I leaned against the door, my heart still racing. "Let me escape with you. Please." I felt desperate. I sounded desperate. I knew I didn't want to be here anymore, though. I didn't want what Kylo wanted. I had to leave.

Poe and FN-2187 looked at each other.

"We don't have a choice now do we?" I caught the tone in Poe's voice. He was right though. I worked just under Snoke, and beside Kylo, they were on our ship. I could easily do what I wanted with them.

"I can get us past everything, just tell me what you need," I pleaded.

"Can you get us a TIE Fighter?" FN-2187 asked, taking off his helmet. He looked stressed and sweaty.

I nodded as my response and looked at Poe. "You're flying."

"Hell yeah, I am."

We were silent for a moment to process everything. "This is crazy," I mumbled. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You're doing the right thing." FN-2187 looked me in the eyes. "We need to go."

This was against everything I was taught, so why was I doing it?

FN-2187 put his helmet back on, and I cleared my thoughts. I turned to Poe and lightly gripped his bicep like I was escorting him. I opened the door for us, and we continued down the hall, this time towards the ship deck. Nothing about this was sane.

We weren't stopped by anyone. No one seemed to question it. A perk of being Kylo's partner in crime I guess you could say. They were all too afraid of me.

I brought us to the nearest TIE Fighter and shoved them to the back of it where you board. Poe was the first to get in but stopped at the top and turned around, pointing a blaster straight at me. FN-2187 looked down and noticed his blaster was missing. I narrowed my eyes at the pilot.

"Sorry, but I can't let you come. How do I know this isn't a trap?" Poe glared at me, finger on the trigger. I took a deep breath. He was smart but testing my patience.

"You don't understand. I need to get out of this place. Take me to your base as a prisoner, do what you want with me, but I am not staying here and you sure as hell aren't going to make me. So I suggest you get in your seat before they find out you're missing and we get out of here as safely as possible." I was not having it. I was this close to freedom;; I wasn't going to let him take it away from me. Not to mention I needed this to happen quickly in case I was going to change my mind.

Poe thought for a moment and then lowered the gun. "Fine, but you have to leave that here." He motioned to my lightsaber. I put my hand on it and felt torn. I slowly removed it from my belt and looked at it. I set it on the ground by my feet and kicked it under the stairs behind us.

"Are you satisfied?" I didn't like this situation, but I had to take what I could get.

Poe threw the blaster back at FN-2187 who caught it. They both climbed in their seats, and I squeezed in the small space beside Poe. The TIE Fighters were a tight fit, but they were the fastest things we had on board. That meant no seat for me.

"I've always wanted to fly one of these things," Poe smirked as he quickly removed his jacket, getting comfortable. "Can you shoot?" He asked FN-2187.