Day 4- Settling the Worms

I pass my bottle to Sheri, who seems very content. I already went to retrieve that camera-device. I still don’t know what it is, but it shouldn’t hinder my progress. She turns and looks at Lee Young for a while, and makes a disgusted face. Oh? 

“It was terrible! Though I have gotten a lot of stress of my back.” She laughs it off and checks her nails. I give a gentle smile and see a new counselor approaching, a guy. He looks even more serious and scary than our previous one. As if that’s going to stop me. 

“Everyone. To the kitchens.” We all get up and walk in silence. I get isolated from the group, left behind. Lee Young accompanies me, his face full of an annoying mischief. I don’t walk away, it’ll arouse suspicion.

“You might be interested in knowing this, but I know who killed our counselor. It wasn’t wolves, for sure. And, I know what happened to Elmer.” I halt. He smirks and winks at me. 

“What do you want, you prick.” He places his hand gently on my shoulder and leans in. Oh hell no. I push him away and knock him against a tree. I see the group ahead stopping, and I let go. I stare him right in the eye and he can only laugh. The counselor approaches, and I head off. Crap. 

The entire 21 of us are in the kitchen, after the mean counselor instructs us. I see his figure outside the window, he’s spying on us. As if I’d give you that privilege. I work fast, clearing all my supplies. It’s only placing a piece of ham, and cheese, in between bread. People are trying to compete with my speed, and we deplete the resources rather quickly. The counselor catches sight of this and goes off, to get more supplies. I stop. And go over to Lee Young. 

“Considering my offer?” 

I fish out that camera and shove it in his face. I already bookmarked the time where it all started, no one wants to see an empty bed. I watch his expression change from arrogant, to shocked, to disgusted, to nervous. He looks around and I put the thing back in my pocket. It’s not even more than 5 minutes! What stamina. What excitement. 

“Consider mine.” I walk off. 

We’re assigned to make fish soup. We descale the fish and dump it into the boiling pot of water. Some people are taking awfully long breaks, but I find this another very good window of opportunity. I take a peek at Lee Young and see him in a corner. He keeps looking out the window, for God knows what. I see Harry, Kenny and some other idiots slacking in that one corner. Lunch’s around the corner. I keep one fish raw and place it on a dish. I pour sauce all over it and sprinkle some cooked vegetables. I start pouring the broth into bowls and people are preparing the meats already. The kitchen-duties get to have lunch first. I place the bowls of soup and plates of vegetables in that one corner where they take a nap. I walk off, no one sees me. Lee Young’s moving towards the window. The counselor! 

I run to him and block his way, the counselor doesn’t notice this. Good. I kiss him right on the lips and he’s dazed. Weak. I try to keep the fact that this is disgusting out of my mind. I don’t use tongue but he tries to, then I push him away. I still have the collar of his shirt in my hand, and I give him a seductive smile. Oh God why. I pull him by the arm over to the freezer, a large cold storage space- duh. He’s recovered from his haze, great. I bring him right into the freezer, all the way at the end where they keep the boxes of vegetables no one eats. 

“Why here?” He tries to sound equally intimidating or seductive, but his teeth chatter and his lips tremble. 

“Let’s say, I like the cold.” I wink and press him against the wall. My hand’s on his shoulder and the other is on his hips. Our face is just an inch apart and I felt his body heat- and oil- on mine. He smacks my ass and I feel like pushing him into a frozen block of nails.