Chapter 25

Kim Taehyung POV.
About ten cops went looking for Hyejin and the girl by asking people with their picture and the rest go look for warehouses around this place.

"Excuse me sir, do you know any warehouses around this place?" I asked a random man who was just walking around the pavewalk.

He looked at me and answered, "Warehouses? Actually I work at one warehouse. What are you looking for anyways?"

"I'm looking for my wife and a girl. They're missing." I said.

"Well there ain't any women inside the warehouse I work for. But if you want to go check it's just about right that corner right there." the man points at the left turn a few blocks away.

"Will you please come with us? Incase we need to know something about the warehouse." the police behind me suggested.

He shrugged and I opened the door for him, he went in.

Once we reached the warehouse, we all went down and he used his key to open the huge wooden doors. After we went in, a weird smell filled the atmosphere. "Does it usually smell like this?" I asked.

"Yeah." he simply answered.

He disappeared to the dark and the lights turned on after a minute. There he was at a see through room above.

The warehouse was full of random stuff but I don't see Hyejin anywhere.

After 10 minutes of investigating the whole place, we went and looked for another warehouse. There was nothing we could find here.

Go Sungjin POV.
"Are they gone or what?" I asked.

"They're gone appa. You can take them back now."

I hanged up.

I looked at the two of them sleeping with plastic bags on their heads. Right now we're at the house where Hyejin and I lived. It feels empty and I wish I could just go back to when Hyejin didn't know anything.

Suddenly, Seohyun's head moved.

"Where am I? Hello?" she asked.

I didn't reply and watched her. She tilted her head and started shaking her body. "Hyejin-ssi! Hyejin-ssi!" she shouted.

I slowly walked near her and I felt like she felt me in front of her.

"Is anyone there? Who's there? Hyejin-ssi?" she asked like a maniac.

I lifted my hands up.

1,
2,
3 . . .

Ding Dong

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

I went to the door and looked at the peephole. It was a couple who had something in their hands.

I opened the door. "Sorry, I'm busy."

I tried slamming the door but the man's foot purposely blocked the door. "Excuse me, but we just want to talk. Can we?" he looked at me deeply at the eyes and waited for my answer.

I sighed hard and said, "Please wait. Thank you."

I went to Hyejin and Seohyun and woke them up. I took the plastic bags out of their heads and shushed them quietly.

"Look at me closely," I whispered. "If you speak a word to those people right there you're dead and you'll be seeing them die in front of you."

They sat frozen as I spoke. "Am I clear?"

They didn't answer.

Let's just see then.

Seohyun POV.
We sat like normal people as a couple went in the living room and sat down with us. They started the conversation.

"Is this your wife and daughter?" the man asked with a confused face.

I looked at Hyejin who was randomly staring at the woman beside the man. She wasn't listening.

"Yes." Sungjin answered simply. "My son went to abroad."

We sat quiet as Sungjin told us to.

"Hyejin-ssi, is something wrong?" I whispered.

The couple looked at us suspiciously for a minute and went back to talking.

Hyejin-ssi didn't answer me and just kept looking at the woman. I don't understand, what's happening to her?

Kim Taehyung POV.
There's something fishy about that warehouse. Plus, why does he work at an 'empty' warehouse?

"Hey, don't you think the man is a bit suspicious? Like what will he work for inside an empty warehouse? The suspect probably knows we're investigating at the moment." I said to the cop beside me. To be specific, the cop who said I was his idol.

"It's probably paperwork or maybe he's on break. But I agree with you, it's suspicious." he said.

We all went in and I took my last glance of the warehouse.

I have to get back there later.

Kim Taeguk POV.
"Halmeoni, I should continue cutting this rope. He's not yet here." I said.

I kept cutting and cutting until the rope snapped to the floor. I looked at my hands, it was all with wounds but I don't care, it was worth a job.

"Just stay put okay? I'll cut the rope for you." I said to halmeoni.

She watched me as I cut the rope. I pretended like I didn't notice.

"Taeguk-ah," she called out. "Thank you."

I looked at her eyes, it was tearing up. "Halmeoni, you don't have to. I'm sure my own halmeoni would be happy to see you escape with me."

I continued cutting. I have to finish this before the man comes. Or else we're all dead.

Kim Taeho POV.
"Jimin hyung, do you think eomma and Taeguk is doing well right now?" I asked.

The rest of the group was sleeping except Jimin hyung and Hoseok hyung. Hoseok hyung was playing games on his phone.

"Well they're missing so probably not." Jimin hyung replied.

"Yah! Jimin-ah, you're not helping." Hoseok hyung suddenly spoke up.

I laughed.

I hope they're okay though.

Seohyun POV.
It's been 10 minutes of the couple and Sungjin having a 'serious' conversation.

Hyejin didn't miss a look on the woman. I hope she doesn't notice because it's creepy just staring on a random person you don't know.

Plus if she would know her, how? Hyejin-ssi has a brain disease.

After minutes of the continuous speaking, Hyejin-ssi finally spoke up.

"Eonni?(Sister?[Older])" she said.

The woman looked at Hyejin-ssi and took a closer look.

"Hyejin?" she said.

I looked at Sungjin's face and he looked pissed.

I gulped. I don't know what's going to happen next.

Author's Note
thank you for reading! just a reminder this book is still far from the end! :)