Friday: July 13, 2012

{Friday: July 13, 2012}

Waking up feeling better than she had in about a week, Marin looked over at the clock to see that it was 9am. Oh thank god! Finally over 8 hours of sleep….. Feeling more excited than she should for her upcoming lunch, Marin got out of bed, and went to take a shower before her spa appointment at 10am. Stepping out of the hot shower freshly shaven, Marin almost started putting on lotion until she remembered that the masseuse would be taking care of moisturizing her skin in just a bit. She checked the time to see it was already 9:30am, so she put her wet hair in a loose French braid, put on undergarments, a loose yellow tank dress, her white flops, and grabbed her purse to head down to the spa.

The spa was one of those relaxing light green paint, lots of plants, and serene nature sounding soft music playing type of places but elite enough to be inside the prestigious Bellagio. Marin was welcomed and promptly introduced to Sebastian, her masseuse for today and led back to a room to be pampered for the next hour.

Utterly relaxed and smooth skinned smelling of orange blossoms thanks to the magic hands of Sebastian, he reminded Marin after she had paid and went to hand him his tip that drinking lots of water after a massage is highly recommended. She walked out of the spa, took the elevator quickly up to her room, and started getting ready for her lunch with Cliff.

In the bathroom of her suite, Marin quickly changed into her midnight blue with white detailing VS demi-bra and lacey bikini style panties thank god I convinced Belinda finally to stop trying to get me to wear damn thongs.. eww uncomfortable torture devices those tiny things are, she slid her matching midnight blue sundress on, and stood barefoot as she unbraided her hair. Deciding to leave it in fresh waves down her back so it could fully dry since it was still wet after her shower this morning, Marin then applied only some black mascara and clear shiny peach flavored lip gloss to her face. She learned her lesson about wearing make up in the extreme daytime heat here on day 2 when it looked as if her face was melting as she, Belinda, and the girls were shopping around town. I would definitely be the last tourist Cliff decided to take pity on if he saw my horror movie melted make up face  

As Marin sat on her bed to put on her strappy muted silver heeled sandals, she saw that she had about fifteen minutes until she has to meet Cliff downstairs. Putting cash, sunglasses, room key card, charged cell phone, spare hair band, and peach flavored lip-gloss in her small muted silver clutch purse Marin took one last look at herself in the mirror by the door to her suite.  Well… this is as good as I get without it being a black tie affair I guess. At least these past few days of dancing and eating little food have helped me lose some damn weight. Who knows… maybe I’ll be closer to 140 instead of 150 lbs. when I get home. Wouldn’t it be great to have to have that stunning dress taken in a little more at the waist before Belinda’s big day…… dreamers keep on dreaming.. she thought to herself.

NOW PEP TALK TIME MARIN!! She thought as she looked herself in the eyes of the mirror.  No staring, drooling, or being your insecure self who word vomits her every thought while out with Cliff! Just because you have insecurities, doesn’t mean you have to show that to him. Be Confident, Funny, Smile, and above all… not boring. Imaginary hands in …. Ready…..BREAK!

**************************************************************************************

Walking out of the lobby doors of the hotel at 12:05pm, Marin was surprised that Cliff wasn’t already waiting out front for her.  She decided to sit on the cute bench outside by the entryway doors and give him a few minutes while she people watched.

 It was another beautiful sunshiny hot as hell day out here in the desert, but Marin was so excited she didn’t care. Watching people come and go lost in their own little worlds always interested her. You can learn so much by watching people who aren’t aware they are being looked at. The smiles or stress is easy to interpret on the faces of people passing by. You can pick out the Vegas Virgins who just stepped off the plane with visions of winning it big, the newlyweds who got married by Elvis last night doing the hung over Walk of Shame together as they stumble back into the hotel loaded with regret, the happy newlyweds honeymooning in Sin City, the gamblers anxious for the next lucky table, the slot machine addicted senior citizens with their cups of coins and colorful shirts and hats, the bachelors, the bachelorettes, the socialites, the hookers, the gangsters, the locals who don’t look around at anything because they have seen it all, and the average run of the mill drunks. Every stereotype is being represented in all its glory but back dropped by the grandeur and opulence that is Las Vegas. Where people come when they want … MORE. More of what exactly is to be determined after arrival. It’s quite intriguing to Marin.