Chapter Seven

"Oh look. Sleeping Beauty has finally awoken," Ivan glanced up as Alfred stumbled into the kitchen, wearing superman pyjama bottoms and no shirt. His feet were tucked into slippers that every time he took a step opened in the front like a mouth before fall back shut.

He mumbled something incoherent, taking a seat at the table and laying his head down.

"I'm sorry. Come again?" Ivan asked, which was followed by more mumbling, "What?"

"He wants coffee," Andrew shoved his Poptart into his mouth and moved to get up, but Ivan waved him back down.

"Where are you going?" he demanded.

"To... Make some coffee."

"Why can't he just do it himself?"

"Because he wont. Don't you think I've already tried that?"

"Well, then how does he get it when you aren't around."

"I asked that, too. He says he's trained his cat to do it. Somehow."

"I'll take care of it," Ivan insisted, standing up and moving across the room to the coffeemaker, "How does he take it?"

"A little milk - 2% only. He can tell the difference - and, like... Fifty percent sugar," Andrew instructed.

"How is he even alive?" Ivan mumbled, searching for the needed ingredients.

"He says because he's a superhero," Andrew relaid, "I think he's full of himself, though."

"I think you're right," Ivan agreed, "He is very full of himself."

"Don't some people call that confident, though?" Andrew mentioned.

"Those people don't have to deal with him as much as we do," Ivan replied. They chatted a few more minutes until the coffee was ready and Ivan placed it in front of Alfred.

"There you are, Princess," Ivan muttered. Alfred caught him by the arm and pulled him down to peck his cheek, not bothering to open his eyes.

"Thanks, Andrew."

"He's always so out of it this early," Andrew rolled his eyes, hopping down from the table, "I'm gonna go play video games."

"Yeah... Okay," Ivan touched his cheek, lightly, in confusion, "Have fun."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"I'm so bored," Alfred complained, lying upside down on the couch with his feet hanging over the back as he played video games, "I've already beat this thing, like, five million times."

"First of all, how are you even sitting like that?" Ivan demanded.

"Skill," Alfred smirked.

A while ago, Andrew had left, saying he was going for a walk. Getting a promise to be back before nightfall, they both had agreed to let him go and had been lounging around the house since.

"If you're so bored, play something else," Ivan suggested, watching the screen as Alfred threw a grenade at a hoard of zombies, killing most of them.

"There's nothing else to play," Alfred whined, "I've beat everything and the game I'm saving up my allowance for doesn't come until next month."

"You get an allowance?" Ivan glanced at Alfred out of the corner of his eye.

"I get a couple," Alfred corrected, "One for video games, one for fast food, one for baseball games, one for amusement parks. I've even got one for new cars. I haven't had to tap into that one in seven years, though, so I'm pretty proud of myself. I might buy a new car to celebrate once it reaches ten years."