Party Poopers

"It's so weird Emily was fine with us leaving early..."Zara had said this three times now, and everyone had agreed, three times. They were all a little stunned to be honest. Emily hadn't even told them the plan for the next rehearsal, just told them they could leave and to go to studio A. Richelle thought she seemed very distracted, and would have interrogated Emily if she wasn't so eager to interrogate Noah, first.

Josh tapped Richelle on the shoulder, "Hey, dance captain?"

Richelle wasn't able to pick up on his sarcasm, "I have a name..." She said, as she stopped walking and turned her head slowly to face him.

"Yeah, Richelle, do you think Emily will mind if i change before going to studio A? I don't exactly smell the greatest." He laughed but it made Richelle question her own hygiene levels. They hadn't been rehearsing for the longest time but it had been pretty intense, she could do with changing herself.

"She'd probably respect you more for it. I might change too." She looked at the rest of the troupe who were a few metres ahead of them in the corridor and shouted for Lola, telling her they were going to change first and would catch them up. She smiled at Josh and let him lead the way to their lockers.

Lola carried on, making a mental note that both Richelle and Josh wouldn't be in studio A for a little while. 

"Lola, can i talk to you?" Jacquie stroked her arm and it made Lola apprehensive, especially after what Richelle had told her about the duet situation. 

They continued walking as a troupe, now in Neutral Grounds, and Lola wavered on her response. "Uh, sure, what about?"

"It's kind of private," Seeing that their group was about to ascend the stairs to studio A, Jacquie knew she couldn't waste time. She pulled Lola lightly and stopped her progressing, "Let's talk in here." Jacquie tapped Zara on the back, "Me and Lola will catch you guys up."

Zara was confused but it wasn't any of her business, so ignored it, "Sure thing."

Jacquie smiled and continued pulling Lola, this time to the sofas. She practically sat her down and Lola had no choice but to listen to her. She tried not to pass any pre-judgement based on what she had already seen and knew of Jacquie's character.

"So, i know you and Richelle are friends?"

Lola smiled at the prospect of this, "I guess so. I'm definitely one of the few people she'll hold a polite conversation with."

Jacquie took out her phone, "Well, last night she sent me these really mean messages and I wondered if you knew anything about them. I figured it was why she was so aggressive towards me today." Jacquie started scrolling through and Lola could feel her chest tightening. She didn't exactly want to be amidst all this drama. Jacquie turned the phone for Lola to see and she read the texts, trying really hard not to let her desperation for Richelle to be her friend, blind her judgement.

RICHELLE: How's the duet going? Probably not very well, Noah's heart isn't in it. He knows I'm the better partner for him. 

Lola looked up at Jacquie to show she'd read it, and Jacquie flicked the screen to show another.

JACQUIE: I don't want any more issues, Emily chose me, i'm sorry.

RICHELLE: Emily's ridiculous. You have no technique, you're awful, almost as bad as Emily is at leading us in ballet. Noah will come to his senses and drop you HARD when he does. Me and him are too good for this team.