When The Elastic Band, Snaps

Richelle was well aware that Noah was planning something in studio A, and she wasn't exactly looking forward to it.

The thought of all the attention being on her, made her uncomfortable. She only really liked getting attention when she was dancing. Then, she didn't have to acknowledge anyone, except for maybe a small bow and smile at the end. Most of the time the audience was so far out and in darkness that she couldn't see their faces anyway.

She had changed her clothes, again, into a completely different dance outfit. She was much more comfortable in her dance wear than she was in her everyday wear, probably because dance was very much her escape and the only thing she knew for definite that she was good at. It was weird, she was extremely self conscious despite the front she put up. She always felt like everyone was judging her more so, when she wore jeans than when she had her legs fully bared in shorts.

She tried to rid her nerves, or at least appear to be completely fine, as she walked towards studio A. The lack of music or even the sound of people talking made her curious, and she slowed her pace the closer she got. It was studio A she was supposed to go to, wasn't it?

Richelle heard footsteps behind her and turned around, but it was only Miss Kate, holding a large brown box from 'CostumeCloset.com'. At the sight of the company logo, Richelle's eyes widened and she beamed from ear to ear, "Are they for us?"

Miss Kate chuckled, "Shouldn't you be rehearsing?"

"Emily wants us in studio A, are those our costumes?" Richelle tried to peer over the top of the box, in case it was open and she could grab a sneak peak.

Kate snatched the box backwards so Richelle couldn't see, "No peaking! But yes, I believe yours is on the top of the pile actually." Richelle squealed in excitement, which made Kate laugh, and she continued walking through to studio A. Richelle followed, hot on her heels, completely distracted by the package.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled, as Kate and Richelle walked in, making Kate drop the box on the floor and Richelle nearly jump out of her skin. She had forgotten about Noah planning something, and wasn't quite sure how to deal with the feelings she was experiencing right now. There hadn't had time for Richelle to prepare herself, because of how she had got side tracked with the costumes.

Richelle hovered on the spot, unsure what to do with her hands and her body language. Kate chuckled at everyone standing smiling, with their arms in the air, as she picked up the box and went in the office. Richelle stood by herself and was still frozen on the spot even though she felt warm inside. Noah pointed at Henry and he turned on the music. It was Richelle's favorite song at the moment: New Rules by Dua Lipa. It was sort of ironic considering how much Richelle enjoyed sticking to rules, and so it was her guilty pleasure. She had hoped Noah would have kept it to himself when he heard it set as her ringtone.

Noah smiled at her, knowing she would like the song, and she rolled her eyes. He walked over to where she was still stood, while everyone got out of their hiding places and started dancing.

She shook her head as he got closer, "You had to choose this song?"

"Obviously," Noah said, and opened his arms, hoping for a hug. She flicked her eyes around the room to see if anyone was looking, then sighed as she put her arms around his waist and let him pull her into his chest. She wasn't a contact sort of person, as in, even someone brushing past her arm would freak her out a little. Noah was an exception though, and anyway, this was a special occasion.

Noah let go of her, being conscious not to have the hug last for too long, and end up freaking her out. "Happy birthday," he said, and smiled.

"Thank you." She started walking towards the others, politely thanking everyone as they all wished her happy birthday and Noah followed her. She was astounded at the decor, and how everyone had come together from both Michelle and Emily's troupes. She waved at Henry and he waved back. He was secretly thrilled that she had changed her mind and followed her heart.