Chapter 28

Fourteen years later

Gastgore walks down the street after school. He's sixteen now and a straight A student, just like his papa. Though he also has the leadership skills of his dad.

His eyesight did get poorer as he got older so he bought glasses. And he tends to dress in a nerdy style that still showed his leadership ways. (Pic above)

As he walks be smiles and greets everyone. They greet him back.

Gastgore reaches his house and unlocks the door. He turns the handle and walks in.

"Dad! Papa! I'm home!" He shouts as the door closes.
"In the kitchen!" His dad calls out.

Gastgore walks into the kitchen and finds his dad making golden flower tea for papa. The worry clear on his face. Lately Gaster has been getting sick. Alphys narrowed it down to either the monster version of cancer, or he is dying. He was in the void for so long it is a good possibility that his molecular structure is finally breaking down from it. But Asgore refuses to think like that and Gaster refuses treatment, he wants to die at home in the living embrace of his family.

Gastgore walks over to his dad and puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
"He wants this." He says softly.
"I know." Asgore says softer. "I just.... Can't let him go...."

Upstairs Gaster starts having a coughing fit and Asgore runs to his side, helping him through it. Gaster leans weakly into Asgore.
"I'm sorry." He says weakly.
"You have nothing to be sorry for."
"I'm worrying you."
"Like you didn't when you fell into the void." Asgore says with a hint of sarcasm.

Gaster chuckles. "Fair enough."

Gaster closes his eyes and takes deep breaths as he listens to his lover's heart beat. He knows his time is here. He can see the cloaked skeleton in the corner holding his giant scythe.

"Asgore...."
"Yes?"
"You still have to make that bloody pathway."
Asgore chuckles. "I will baby."

"Asgore?"
"Yes?"
"Am I a scientist? Or am I your jester?"
"You're my everything."

"I know what I'm going to do."
"What's that?"
"I have to die."

Asgore sobs.
"Don't cry. I know what I'm doing. If I stay it will only cause you more pain when the inevitable happens. The royal scientist......... Is no fool."
"I know." He kisses his sick lover's head. "I know........."

"Your time is up."

*Dusting noises*

"Gaster?................."

"The Royal Scientist is no Fool............. I love you Asgore."