waiting rooms

You walk into an office and sit in a room and wait for people to speak to you.

There's water and coffee, k-cups and tea, with tabloids and reality shows on tv.

You sit in a room in a chair much too stiff with white walls and carpet that looks like shit.

There's people in the room fluttering through magazines, typing on their devices, wasting their precious time, and waiting.

They have places to go, they have people to see but they sit and they wait to finally speak.

They sit in their chairs all near but apart, each gone in their worlds up in their heads thinking of people who lay on their beds, or an office spreadsheet, or a missed call..

All wandering as they wait for too long. And if by chance you wander into a waiting room too you'll notice all of the people in there with you.

A woman, a wife, a child nearby, all impatiently waiting for the next destination to open on up and call them on in.

They're are men in chairs with dull, blank slated stares, living in cubicles away from their wife's, and they sit and they wait, still wasting their life.

They have pains in their legs and an ache in their heart from the hole that's been left there when someone broke it apart.

It's a white room, with white walls, and lights also white that just so happen to be blindingly bright.

It's a room with chairs side by side and people fill them up time after time, and they wait to go into a place, some here and some there, but the real question is where they leave to after here.

Once the doors lock up and the lights shut down, when the white walls are black, and night drowns it out, where do all of the waiting people go to now?

I'd imagine that most of them go right home, they drive in their cars and head to the door, but some others may wander darkened streets alone, no place to be and no place to go.

Some may head to a bar or a rundown joint and sit at the counter and drink till they can't feel the hurting times that have permanently plagued their life's.

They'll knock back a bottle or maybe two until they forget what is was they had waited to do.

They'll drown in their liquor and sorrow, trying to run away from their tomorrow.

They'll sit there after waiting in a room and instead wait for a drink, their hope long lost, and promises they made washing away with every golden drop they sip.

They'll wander back to their home and kiss their kids that they've broken and hurt and smile through lies that they've told their family.

They live life in a waiting room, always waiting for improvement, waiting to fix up the love that they've ruined.

They'll work to forget the mistakes that they've made and they'll buy children presents until it all fades away.

But at some point they'll realize there's only so much waiting to do because nothing can be done unless they throw away the crutch that they keep in a bottle and pour their addiction into the sink..

And then they'll hold their breath, and try with all their might, and they'll wait for another drink all their life.

Authors Note
Not sure what I think of this one but I went ahead and posted it anyways! I hope you guys enjoy it and if not please let me know why!