Chapter 2

The final bell rang and I headed to my car. When I finally reached my car I saw the baseball team practicing. He always loved baseball. We would watch it together. I smiled at the memories and got in my car.

When I got home I changed into my pajamas and started on my homework. After a couple of hours of doing homework my phone started to ring. I knew who it was. She called at the same time every day to "talk to me" but in reality she called to make sure I was still alive and breathing. I answered the phone. "Hello Alice." She giggled.
"Hey boo. What you doing?" She always made me smile.

"Homework." I said in disgust

"Nothing. Well how about we go do something? I miss my best friend." She said lovingly

"Ok I guess why not." She squealed in excitement

"Ok good because Chastity and I are already here." I sighed and walked down stairs to let them in. When I opened the door I was attacked by the two. "What are you wearing?" She asked in concern

"My pajamas." I said

"Well go put on some clothes that at least look somewhat presentable." Chastity said. I sighed and walked back to my room. I put on a pair of jeans and my harry potter shirt. I grabbed my converse and ran down stairs before Alice had the chance to come up to my room and judge it's uncleanliness.

"Ok let's go." Chastity looked at my shirt and gave me a evil grin. Alice grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to the car and threw me in. This was abuse. "Where are we going?" Chastity looked at me and said

"That's for us to know and for you to find out." She smirked and looked at Alice with a mischevious smile. 

It took us about a hour to reach our destination. It was the batting cages. This was our spot. My dad used to bring us here during softball season. We would spend hours hitting balls and talking about guys. My dad would coach us on how to hit a perfect homerun. I haven't been here in months. The last time he brought us here was a month before he died and I just haven't had the strength to walk back in. I didn't know how to feel. I wanted to walk in and see him waiting for us at a machine. I wanted to cry because I knew he wouldn't be in there. I just stayed still and didn't say anything. "We thought we could hit some balls in his memory." Alice said in hopefullness. I gave a fake smile and nodded my head. We got out of the car and walked in. Sal the owner looked at me with pity and walked over to us.

"Hey girls." He said

"Hey Sal." Alice and Chastity said in unison. He smiled and said

"Same machine as always." He said pointing to our usual batting place. I looked over to the corner were we would sit. I didn't want to be here but at the same time I couldn't think of any better place to be. I took in a deep breathe.

"Lets do this." The girls looked at me and smiled. We started batting and healing each other with our position. It was the most fun I had had in months. It felt like he was there with us and it made me feel safer. We took a break to eat and to catch up because we hadn't seen each other in weeks which is a long time for us.

"So T are you gonna play softball this year?" asked Chastity

"I hadn't thought about it but maybe. Our tryouts are in a couple weeks."

"You should do it." Alice said. Well I guess I was trying out for the softball team.