3

-Your POV- 

   You wandered through the halls of the house for a bit to get to know some of the rooms. Next to the stairs was a small seating area with bookshelves. The stairs where in front of the door with a walk space to get to the hallway that led to the kitchen, dining room and the lounge and on the other side was the small book filled seating area. The floors were wood and had carpets here and there and the walls were white. Other than the floors creaking and a few other things suggesting that the house was old it looked decent. It was large enough to hold all the kids but still not too big.

   You were not too hungry for lunch so you went to the garden and picked some strawberries. You made your way into the house and through the dining room which held a few of the kids eating, and into the kitchen. You rinsed the strawberries off under the tap and sat down at a small two person table that was in the corner of the kitchen.

   "Enoch! Enoch! Can you animate the dolls again after lunch?" Asked a voice in the dining room that you recognized as Claire.

   "No." said Enoch "Not again today. Maybe tomorrow."

   Footsteps sounded coming to the kitchen and you looked up to see Enoch pause at the door of the kitchen as if he did not expect you to be in there. He crossed the kitchen and kept glancing at you as he washed and put away some dishes. You waited until Enoch left to wash your bowl and put it away. You walked towards the dining room hoping that Enoch was not in it. 

   "Y/N!" Called Olive as soon as you entered the dining room.

   "Yes?" You replied. Enoch was standing by a shelf with stacks of jared hearts. He looked behind him at you and looked away. Leaning on the shelf with his hands.

   "Can we play dolls again?" Claire asked.

   "No Claire. You need to do your chores." Enoch mumbled. Claire pouted "Go start and clean your room." 

   Claire bounded up the stairs to her room. 'Why is Enoch so attached to Claire?'  You asked yourself 'He looks at her like she is his little sister'  Miss Peregrine walked into the dining room smoke following her. Enoch glanced at Miss Peregrine and picked up three jars resting his chin on the top one to keep them from falling.

   "<Y/N> Why don't you help Enoch." Miss Peregrine requested.

   "Don't bother. I can handle them" Enoch said. He still had another stack of two jars on the shelf. "I can run down and get them afterw-"

   "I am sure he will appreciate it." Miss Peregrine shushed Enoch and pointed me to the jars.

   You cautiously walked over to the jars and picked them up. The outside of the jars was dry to your relief. You did not want to touch the gross chemicals in the jar that preserved the hearts. Enoch was staring at you with his 'I hate you' face. When you looked at him he sighed and rolled his eyes. You followed him up the stairs. Going a bit slower than him because you did not want to trip and fall on your way up.

    His room was dark. Still the white walls and wooden floor but he had dark curtains pulled over the window so just a little sliver of light came in. On the inner wall was his bed with dark sheets and a pile of pillows. A workplace desk was in the center of the room with a chair behind it and shelves with jars of hearts on it in front of the desk (Kinda like how it was set up in the movie). 

   "Put those there." He said motioning to his desk with his head. You placed the jars down gently.

   "Do you need help with anything else?" You asked.

   "No. Leave." He said sternly facing the shelf and arranging the jars onto it.

   You left and went down stairs.