part 14

"Beacon Hills High and Devenford have a friendly tonight,"Brett spoke up.

Alexandra turned to him leaning against the doorway.

"What are you suggesting?"she questioned.

"Come watch the game with Lori,"he said.

"They'll be there.. What if they don't like the new me?"Alexandra returned to reading her book.

"They have a Banshee, a Fox and their friend used to be possessed by a psychotic kitsune,"Brett scoffed.

"I think they can handle you being alive and turned."

He sat down at the edge of her bed.

Ever since the night she woke up, Brett had brought her into his apartment with Lori to stay. In the morning, they'd train for her to control her temper and on most days, Satomi taught her the way to control her change.

"I don't like the new me,"she said.

"It's a lot to adjust to, I get it, but you're doing better now,"Brett shrugged.

"Satomi said you'll be fine out there."

Alexandra remained silent as she continued to cover her face with the book.

"Okay. I'm gonna head out,"he pulled the book down and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you, okay?"

She nodded and watched as the door closed behind him.

Stiles turned to Eden in the Jeep, parked at the back of the animal clinic after bringing Brett in.

"Lydia uncovered the other part of the list..."he said.

"Okay, what about it?"Eden questioned.

He inhaled a deep breath and prepared for what he was about to say.

"Alex is on the list, and she's worth ten million dollars."

Eden's brows furrowed in confusion.

"But Alex.."

"Alex is dead, Stiles. Maybe they got the list wrong,"she shrugged.

"What if she isn't dead? We saw her body once and then they told us they lost her body,"Stiles explained.

"How the hell do you lose a dead body?"

"Stiles, I know it's been hard,"Eden reached out for his hand.

"But Alex is dead, okay? So is Allison and Aiden,"she said.

"That's the thing though,"Stiles said as he started the car.

"Allison's name was used to crack the first list and you would think maybe Alexandra could crack the second,"he drove out of the parking lot.

"Aiden's name was the code for the second list. Then, you would think the third part would use Alex's name..."

"It doesn't unlock?"Eden questioned.

"Alex's name doesn't unlock any of the lists, Ed."

"Don't do this to me again, Stiles,"she shook her head.

"We have to let her go."

"Think about it, Eden. Just-"

"No! My best friend is dead,"Eden said.

"Don't bring anymore hope into this,"she folded her arms and avoided Stiles' occasional gaze.

"Where were you last night? We were worried,"Alexandra said when Brett walked into the apartment the next morning.