Four

Note: most of this chapter was my idea, and not from the original video. So, if you feel this doesn't fit into the storyline, please blame it on me.
-----------------------------------------------

Luke told Han and Leia everything. He explained all the events that had transpired on the Death Star; how Sidious made him watch the Empire brutally attack the rebel fleet, how he and his father fought against each other, how Sidious struck him down with Force lightning, and how Anakin saved his life by killing the Emperor. He described in detail the father and son's brief moments on the metal ramp of the Imperial shuttle, the scarred, depressed but benign man behind the menacing mask, and ultimately, how they together escaped the Death Star. This all ended with the statement that now, Vader is Anakin Skywalker once again. Of course, Han took a sarcastic action of rolling his eyes and sighing in disbelief, as he still remembered when Lord Vader ordered him to be frozen in carbonite. Leia, on the other hand, reluctantly contemplated that perhaps her... father... is now good.

The three sat in an uncomfortable silence, with Han's legs crossed, and Leia staring at the nearest wall, clearly lost in thought. That monster, that killing machine, is now... good? She still couldn't get over the fact that he was her biological father, let alone that he was Anakin Skywalker once more.

"Perhaps you'd like to see our father?" Luke asked Leia, with a frown on his face. Uncertain of her opinion, Leia doubtfully nodded, and the three got up and headed towards the medical bay.

***

Anakin's eyes flashed open at the sound of footsteps approaching him. "I'll wait outside," a familiar voice said. Hmm. Han Solo. It was the man he'd frozen in carbonite on Cloud City. He wondered why the Corellian smuggler didn't plan on walking in and seeking revenge; after all, the former Dark Lord of the Sith is in a more vulnerable state than usual.

Two pairs of footsteps came closer to Anakin. He knew Luke was one of them; he could feel the presence of his Force signature. As for the other person, he recognized her brown hair and lean stature- she was someone whom he had met numerous times, and owned countless apologies to. Leia... my daughter.

Anakin had requested to see Leia before. However, of course, she refused without hesitation. Truthfully, he was surprised that she had come, but perhaps Luke had finally convinced his sister that their father wouldn't harm them anymore. After all, Luke's ways had never failed to perplex him.

He knew it was necessary to say sorry to her, for everything he had done to her and her people, and the physical and emotional pain he had brought her. No daughter should ever have been abused that way by her father. But... if he changed,would she tolerate him for his past actions?

From a rather faraway position in the room, Leia stared at the "monster", who was trying to sit up and face her. Bright, flashing images of the exploding Alderaan switched on and off in her head, memories that she often tried to shake off. That masked machine, the dark cape, Grand Moff Tarkin ordering the Imperial soldiers to fire, all those people dying as her home planet shattered into countless flaming pieces...

Seeing his father struggle to get up with his one usable hand, Luke immediately rushed to Anakin's side, and helped lift the feeble man's upper body until he was facing his daughter. After letting out a small gasp for air, Anakin rasped through his oxygen mask,

"Leia, I know I have committed terrible crimes towards you, your people, and your beliefs, and I am sincerely sorry..." He paused, and took another wheezing breath. "Leia, I am aware of myself being an incompetent parent. I do not ask you to accept that you are my biological daughter, nor do I plead that you someday will love me... My only wish is for your forgiveness. I know I will never be able to repay all my actions, but I promise that will try my very best. Leia, my beautiful little angel, will you please forgive me?" Two remorseful, melancholy-filled blue eyes gazed pleadingly at Leia.