3

Lauren put her phone down and sighed. She was lying to herself. The thoughts that swirled in her head begged for her to unblock him. But she chose not too. It was for her own good. Lauren couldn't believe she came across his number. Was it fate? Probably not. She hated to say it, but she in fact... missed him. She wanted to continue loving him but being in a relationship was not a priority of hers. Lauren just shrugged off her silly feelings, laying back down on her queen sized bed.

She was just about to grab her laptop when her phone began ringing.
Thinking it was Zayn, she groaned, picking it up to see her mother was the one calling.

"Mom, are you okay?" She spoke, concern in her voice.

The other side of the phone was silent, until soft sobs were heard.
Lauren mentally panicked, waiting for a response.

"Not really."

Lauren bit her lip, breathing slowly.

"It's your Abuela. She's in the hospital."

Lauren opened her mouth to speak back, but she forced herself not to.
Instead she dropped her phone, sobbing on the ground with complete dispair.

She needed help.
So she thought of the first person to come to mind.

-----------

A half hour past, and Lauren was still on the concrete floor, sadly hovering over her phone.
Her mother tried calling her again, but she chose to ignore it. Instead she hesitantly unblocked Zayn and left a single text that she knew he'd answer.

Lolo🌹- I need help