5

Zayn rushed toward the hospital, a bouquet of roses in hand.

A middle age woman holds the door open for him, obviously a nurse, giving him a small smile, noticing the look of sorrow on his face.

Zayn nods his head, squinting his eyes, swearing his heart had just stopped. There just a few feet in front of him was Lauren, the love of his life, her hands covering her face.

Zayn, unable to move, studies her beauty from a distance, though is awoken from his trance when the door finally shuts.

He quickly walks toward her laying the roses on the chair next to her as he wraps his warm arms around her cold waist.

Tears soak his shirt but he doesn't care.
"She-she's gone Zayn,"
"You-you're to late."
More tears pool out of her eyes as Zayn tightens his grasp around her.

He bites his lip, not wanting to say anything, afraid to cry himself.

"I'm sorry Lauren, I'm so-so sorry,"
Zayn says softly almost in a whisper.

He gently carresses her cheek, pulling back from the long awaited hug.

Lauren takes a deep sigh, noticing Zayn secretly studying her entire face, just like he'd done when they first met.

In Zayns eyes through her red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks she was still beautiful. She always is.

His heart ached for her dispair, wanting nothing more than to crash their lips together but he knew that wouldn't end well.

"Im sorry I couldn't say goodbye to her," Zayn says, his voice slightly cracking.

Lauren just nods her head, grabbing Zayns hand and guiding him into the hospital room.