After the incident

I didn't know how to feel. Last week I went on a date with a girl named Rize Kamishiro. She was beautiful and smart. Rize and I both love Sen Takatsuki, a writer.

All of that changed...

After our date was over, Rize asked me to walk her home. Thinking this would improve my chance on getting a second date, I agreed.

It seemed like we were having a great time.

However... the eyes I saw earlier that day changed from normal, to black and red...

Present

I woke up staring at my ceiling.

"I guess I should get up now."

I stretched my arms out and got out of bed. I walked over to my closet to change out of my clothes. I look around decided to go out and grab some coffee.

Before I walked out the door, my phone vibrated.

Who could that be?

I took my phone out of my pocket and look to see who texted me. Still tired, I squinted.

Hide:

Hey Kaneki! We should hang out today, text back alright.

I smiled knowing that Hide, my best friend, wanted hang out.

Kaneki:
Sure sounds great let's meet up for some coffee.

...

Hide: You sure you want to go there? Whatever, meet you there.

I walked out of my house and took a deep breath. I looked around making sure no one was outside.

Alright, just making sure.

I turned to locked the door behind me and begin walking.

As I was walking I noticed things were different. I saw the world differently.

Walking on the sidewalk, I passed by people who stared at me. What happened to me went all over the news.

Why wouldn't it be? You're one of the few people that survive a ghoul attack uninjured.

It's been a week since my date with Rize. As the days passed, it seemed unreal what happened.

The girl I went out with was a ghoul. Everyone around me either wanted to ask me what happened or completely avoid me.

As I was walking an aroma started to fill the void that I felt because of what happened between Rize and I.

The closer I walked towards my destination, the smell was familiar.

I looked up at the building and took a deep breath.

"Nice to meet you again...Anteiku."

Hey guys just wanted to make a spin-off I guess you could say of the series Tokyo ghoul. If you seem interested or like the story, vote if you would like me to write more chapters. I'm probably gonna keep writing this story for awhile, so hope you guys like it.