'Pure of Spirit'

Dasia's POV

Three days had passed, three long, boring, and hot day stuck inside this temple. Though Horus seemed to keep himself busy either with drink or other things that I didn't want to know about I kept to myself and read the walls surrounding me. It was like true magic every time I looked at a hieroglyphic it would somehow turn into English and I could read it. Still it gave me some very interesting history lessons.

Walking through the halls I tried to keep focus on the wall I was reading but I kept hearing someone yelling out, as though they were in pain. Not being able to concentrate I instead follow the voice. Doing so I came to a pair of large golden doors. You know that little voice in the back of your head that tells you when you have a really bad idea? Well apparently mine was on vacation and I nudged the doors open stepping inside to a grand room that had a large pool in front of a very large bed. There coming from the bed I could hear the cries of pain and torture coming from someone. Making my way to the bed, I gently push aside the soft bed curtains and look down upon the sleeping figure of Horus.

He must have been having a nightmare...if so called gods could have nightmares that is. Without thinking I went to a table that I saw had a basin and cloth. Wetting the clothing and ringing it out I quickly returned to Horus and carefully sat down on the side of his bed, cautiously leaning over and putting the cloth on his forehead. I didn't know any way to comfort him and this was the first thing that came to my mind so I did it. Horus stilled and his body seemed to calm down in reaction to the cool cloth.

"You dare to wake a god mortal?" he calls out to me.

"No, I dare to try and comfort one who cannot sleep but has dreams that I cannot even fathom to know about." I reply as I gently pull my hand away from his head but leave the cloth.

"Now you show me kindness after avoiding me for three days?"

"I thought you were busy with your wine and other worshippers." I reply as I stand from the bed about to make my exit.

That's when I feel him grab my hand and I freeze. Horus moved in the bed so that he could now be sitting on the side like I once was. He didn't speak at first but he took the cloth from his head and sat it down beside the bed.

"I have seen no worshippers since one of them tried to kill you, I can't risk you being killed and having no way to break the curse then." He says as he stands up and I roll my eyes.

Of course, must keep me a live to break the curse. If he wanted me to fall in love with him so badly then why wasn't he trying to be nice or romantic anything most men would do to try and win a woman's heart?

"So you mean to tell me you have spent three days drinking and sleeping? That's not very attractive to any woman." I tell Horus as I pull away from him only to hear a loud roar erupt from somewhere and then the fire that happened before came forward and there stood Set before us both.

"She's right nephew, even for a god that is not a good quality." Set smiles as he looks at both Horus and I.

Horus takes my hand and moves me to stand behind him, I did not argue at all but did exactly what he wanted me to do. I didn't know if Set knew who I was but I knew what he could do to mortals like me and it never ended well for the mortal. Horus did not answer his uncle instead he just stared him down.

"Tell me, one of your many worshippers who come to help you live out your miserable existence? I must say she doesn't look like one of the usual, she seems much more delicate." Set says as he suddenly appears behind me and pulls me out of Horus' grasp. "Tell me young maiden, why come to satisfy a mere mortal who was once a god?"

Fear enveloped me as Set turned me around to face Horus but still held me well in his grasp. Horus looked as though he could kill his uncle, if only he had his powers back. Anger was raging through him and I had a feeling that Set knew that. Holding my head up high I lie my ass off.

"I love Horus more than any other god, as have my ancestors, it is in my blood." I retort as Set just laughs and brings his face right beside me and stares Horus down.

"Even if I threaten to kill you right here before him?" Set questions as shock now registers on his nephews face. "It's been a while since I killed a mortal, especially such a delicate flower like you, a rarity in fact to find a spirit like yours."

Before Set had a chance to do anything to me though Horus blew something in his face and pulled me right out of Set's hold and hurled me across the room. He couldn't fight Set though! He was a mortal! Coughing trying to get the air back in my lungs I can hear the two of them start to fight in the background. Using all my strength I look up and see Set through Horus to the opposite side of the room. Set holds out his hand and a spear appears out of thin air. He was going to kill him! Pushing myself up I break out into a run and run as fast as I can. Set aims his spear and it begins to fall down upon Horus but I throw myself in front of Horus fully expecting to feel death enter my body.

"DASIA!" Horus yells as he really didn't think I would do this and honestly neither did I.

Why in the heck am I sacrificing myself for a crazy man who thinks that he is Horus and that any of this might actually be real. I can feel a deep heat and I imagine that is my death and the heat is from the spear but when I open my eyes I am more surprised than before. A golden aura surrounds the front of me, shielding Horus and myself. How the heck did I do that?

"So this is her? Blessed by Hathor and apparently Ma'at, if you think I will just allow her to live and break my curse you are mistaken." Set says adding more pressure to the shield.

It won't be broken though and while Set is distracted Horus makes a move. Grabbing a random object from somewhere I didn't see Horus knocks Set across the room this time. Instead of fighting though Set disappears in the flames where he came from.

"How did you do that?" Horus questions as he walks up to me.

'Pure of Spirit'

"I have no idea, I couldn't bare to think of your death and I didn't even control my own actions. It was like my body moved on it's own and then that shield thing appeared." I try to explain as I stand from my crouching position.

Horus makes his way over to me looking over his shoulders the entire time, to make sure that Set didn't try a sneak attack against us. Once he got to me he held my chin in his hand as he examined my face. I wasn't injured that much I knew but I didn't want to make him upset then have to deal with his complaining.

"You are unharmed, I did not think my uncle would disturb me here. I think he knew who you were and he was testing you." Horus said angrily as he brushed passed me.

"Well then I obviously passed." I comment as I turn around and watch him.

"No! You failed! Now he knows who you are, if you would have kept silent and stayed down on the ground then he would have thought you were just another mortal."

"You would be dead! Are you that ungrateful to know that someone would defend you even in your mortal state?" I question angrily.

"Listen to me mortal!" he demands as he walks up to me.

"I have a name! Do not insist on calling me mortal, I am Dasia!" I yell right back at him.

"Dasia, you will listen to me and obey if you want to stay alive-" he starts but I don't let him finish.

"Then I would rather die! You are better off on your own because the only person you can think about is yourself! What a truly selfish god you are!" I yell and walk out of his room with him still standing there in shock that I spoke to him in such a way.