1. Back To The Southern Isles

- - -

The ship that had sent Prince Hans to his home stopped by the dock.

He took a glance outside. The townspeople stopped walking as they saw the ship. They stood where they all were, staring straight at their prince. Hans looked down to his feet in shame.

Just a few hours ago before he arrived, he was in Arendelle, making an attempt to murder the princess and the queen.

But his plan failed, just like every other plan he had ever made.

The door to his small cell was unlocked. A guard who served the king of the Southern Isles--who was King Stefan, Hans' eldest brother, came in the cell to take him to the castle.

His hands were hand-cuffed, so he couldn't get away. Another guard stood beside Hans. "Let's go," the guard said. Hans nodded and he walked together with him.

As they passed the townspeople, Hans heard murmurs coming from everybody's mouths.

"He is a disgrace to this kingdom!"

"He should be executed,"

"He is nothing more than a dumb human being."

He had heard one person saying that he was not meant to be a prince, that he should've been a prisoner instead. Hearing this, Hans thought about it for a moment and agreed with the person who said so.

I'm useless, he thought to himself.

The doors to the castle are opened by the first guard. Hans gulped and prepared for whatever punishment he would receive.

On the throne sat King Stefan. It wasn't very hard to notice that the king was furious. Hans stood on the dark red carpet. He walked towards his brother slowly.

He finally reached the end of the carpet. Though he was looking down at his feet, he could still feel the piercing stare of the king.

"What good news have you bought for our kingdom, Hans?" said King Stefan. Hans stayed silent for a while. "Well. You're not talking," he said again. "Look at me."

Hans closed his eyes and sighed. He lifted his head up, then looked at his brother. The king stood up. "Ten years. It has been ten years since mother and father died." He said, staring right at his brother. "The last request from them that I received was to take care of you. They knew that you would cause more trouble. I try so hard take care of you, Hans. But you seem to always cause trouble.

"I am not sure why you keep doing this." King Stefan said, putting his hand on Hans' shoulder. "Tell me why."

Hans looked down again. The king slapped his face. "I told you to look at me!" the king shouted in anger. Hans' cheek started to burn.

"I-I'm sorry, Stefan." Hans apologized quickly. "I don't know why I cause so much trouble. It feels as if I was born to do this."

King Stefan stared at Hans. "You were born to do this?" he said. "Please, Hans! That's what you always say!"

Memories started coming back to the prince. Before this, he would have always say that he was born to do everything. He wanted to look down again, but didn't dare to.

Silence filled the air for the next five minutes. King Stefan and Prince Hans never looked away from each other. It felt as if time had stopped for them.

"OK. That's it." King Stefan said. "You. To an island. Now."

Hans couldn't believe his ears. "What?" He said to his brother. "Do you mean this? Please say you're just joking."

But Stefan had other plans in mind. "A king," he continued, "never, and does not joke around."

Hans gulped. "But..." He said, a drop of sweat rolling down his forehead. "Stefan, don't you remember our phrase? Help your brother's boat cross, and your own will reach the shore?"

The king's eyes softened. "Yes. I do remember that phrase." He said, then shook his head. "But now, I will have to force you to move your boat away from here."

"No," Hans said in disbelief. "Stefan! Doesn't that phrase mean anything to you?"

Stefan turned his back on his brother. "It did. Once." He said, then called over two guards and told them what to do. He looked back at his brother. "Goodbye, Hans."

"No!" Hans shouted, as the guards stood beside Hans again. "Stefan! You can't do this!"

"It's...it's for the best. You are not a prince anymore, Hans. I'm sorry." Stefan said. He sat back on the throne.

Hans felt his eyes sting. "Stefan. Weren't you my brother?"

"I was." The king replied.

"I hate you." Hans muttered to the king, who now had no family connection with him, or his other eleven brothers. He felt a tear falling on his cheek. "I hate you!" He yelled.

Hans turned around and walked with the guards. They walked out the castle, then back to the ship. He went in his little jail again, and sat on the wooden bench there.

He stared at the kingdom he was once part of, then he felt guilty and stupid for ever doing anything wrong in his life.

He thought about how he was the thirteenth son born by his deceased mother. Thirteen is always the unlucky number, Hans thought, I'm the unluckiest of all, I'm the black sheep of my old family, and I'm the only wilted flower in the garden.

All the rage and sadness in him distracted him from thinking of the more important subjects.

Which island was he going to? How would he find food, water and shelter? What was an ex-prince to do in this situation?

* - * - * - *

Author's Note:

Hi, it's Michelle!

OK. I think this chapter is better than the first one I published :P I don't know though. But at least the story's back! *cue children screaming*

I want to hear from you guys! If you liked this chapter, then vote and/or comment! I would appreciate it if you did.

Also, if you're a Pinecest (Dipper x Mabel) shipper, please check out my book, Ours | Gravity Falls!

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! I love you all :)