Prologue

She remembered that day as clearly as anyone would remember the best moment of their life. The only thing was, that day wasn't the best day of her life. No. Instead it was the worst.

It was the day when she was captured. Not by a criminal or thief or murderer or any obsessed person. But, she was taken against her will by the National security force...in short the defense.

It isn't that she is a wanted criminal or a nation's enemy! Nor was she a terrorist. She was as common as any other person in the nation. She was and is a professor who teaches Hindi literature to Post graduate students in a private university. And she earned enough to get what a girl usually needed. She had an elder brother who nagged her all the time about how old and fatty she had become. Her parents were awesome like all other parents in the world. They supported her in every way and in every decision she took.

Her home where she lived was a moderate one with three rooms, a kitchen and a small garden. How typical! But, the most amazing thing was, that she was happy! And she had thought she would live like this always...happy and satisfied!

Unless that dreadful day when she was taken by the National security force for the crime she did not even understand...let alone commit. She was blamed for being associated with a terrorist named Sultan. Of course, she had heard of this man, but being associated with him was too much for her to digest. She had not even seen him in real life, for heaven's sake. But, who would believe her...when there was such strong evidences against her.

Evidences which scared the life out of her! How, when and why? She did not understand.

All she knew was that she was in deep trouble!

She did not understand the situation then, and she didn't understand the situation now.

Now, when she was facing the reason for why she was taken by the National security.

She was sitting right in front of the man named Sultan...and the look in his eyes for her scared her to bones.

The only thing she could do now, was to pray for her life, safety and above all, virtue.