The Bigfoot Motel: Part 3

They had made it down to the café where they were supposed to meet their crew forty minutes ago, out of breath again, but for different reasons this time. They apologized to them all, and quickly ordered the first thing they saw on the menu. Both were left pretty hungry after their... Activities. Even after eating that Bigfoot Burger last night.

Shane made it his mission to avoid Jodie's eyes at the table.

They had talked about how they would tell them in the midst of frantically cleaning up the mess they had made, pulling on the clothes they would need for hiking, and gathering up the rest of the camera equipment. They avoided the watchful eyes of the Motel staff as they power-walked towards the exit.

As the breakfast dishes slowly came out of the kitchen and were set on their table, Ryan prepared himself to tell them the news. His breath hitched in his throat as the butterflies rose in his stomach. Shane quietly took hold of his hand under the table. Ryan was grateful as the soothing feeling of Shane's fingers intertwined with his own soon calmed him down.

He coughed in the manner that you usually would to get everyone's attention. The chatter died down and everyone looked to Ryan.

"Um, so we have something to say. Shane and I... We're both really appreciative to have your hard work and support on Unsolved, but we'd also like to have your support on our relationship." Shane removed his and Ryan's interlocked hands from underneath the table and raised them in full view for the group to see.

It was silent for two seconds, but in those two seconds Ryan had imagined every bad scenario that could ever happen. One of those included a homophobic Bigfoot stampeding through the café and clonking him on the head.

Fortunately, none of those very imaginative scenarios happened, and on the third second, the two were bombarded with celebrations and congratulations. Ryan breathed a sigh of relief while grinning. He honestly hadn't felt happy in this way in a long time. Shane squeezed his hand tighter as they let themselves be congratulated and feel the weight fall from their backs as they realized they don't have to hide anymore.

When the fuss died down, and all attention was returned to the food, Shane locked eyes with Jodie for the first time since he had sat down. A handful of cash was being pushed into her hand, she smirked, still holding eye contact with Shane.

He awkwardly coughed, and looked away, wondering when the bet of them coming out had begun.

The attention to that thought was soon lost as Ryan turned his head toward him, smiling something he hadn't seen in a long time. This was good for them. This was good for him.

This was good.

-X#x