Chapter Eleven

"Oh my God. Oh my God! Oh my f*cking God!" Jeff flung his hands up in the air and paced the kitchen. The others told Jeff and Toby their realization and continued to ponder their predicament more. "How the f*cking hell did he find us?"

"All demons fall under the authority of their masters and lords, just as we obey Slenderman," E.J. spoke up, "with that power, the leaders can mentally track their warriors and communicate with them if necessary."

"It all makes sense," Masky said. "Y/N's headaches and omens. They're because Zalgo is calling him back home."

"We h-have to t-tell J-Jane! Sh-she'll be s-stoked to f-find out w-we f-found out wh-why Y/N - gahck!"

Jeff tugged Toby's collar back before he could run downstairs to the lab. "That's not the brightest f*cking idea, pal."

"Why not? She can help us," Ben said.

Masky, Hoodie, and Jeff shook their heads. "Bad idea... very bad idea..." Hoodie whispered.

"Idiots, don't you get it? She's f*cking distraught over him. We can't pour lemon juice on her open wound," Jeff scolded.

"We're a-all sad a-about Y/N. Wh-what makes h-her scenario a-any different f-from us?" Toby shrugged.

"She loves him!" Clockwork blurted. She slapped her hands over her mouth and blushed heavily. Everyone's eyes had a look of shock, confusion, and a little bit of joy. She tried to slowly inch her way out of the room, but Toby came behind her and held her by the shoulders. She cursed herself and gulped.

"What did you say?" E.J. asked her.

"I... uh... heh, well..." she looked at the boys with their expressions and sighed. "That's kind of why Jane ran out of the house. She was ranting about how our lives were like before Y/N came and she gave me enough pieces to put the puzzle together. She's so rude and snarky towards him because she doesn't know how to express her emotions." Clockwork sniffed and rubbed her nose. "That's why I blamed myself for her going out there. If I hadn't of pushed her so much then maybe..." her one good eye slowly started to water and she curved her body into Toby's and silently cried.

The hatchet weilder immediately comforted the girl and hugged her back. "I-it isn't y-your fault," he told her.

Jeff slammed his hands down on the table, startling everyone in the room. "All the women in this house need to f*cking stop blaming themselves for everything bad that has happened," he ordered, "Clockwork, it is not your fault that Jane ran out of the house, she chose to do that on her own account. Sally, it isn't your fault that Zalgo managed to find us; you're just a kid, you don't know any better. And Jane didn't do anything to hurt Y/N! She saved his goddamn life!"

Everyone stopped to think about his words. Jeff was right (for once). Blaming the girls wouldn't solve anything, especially since they didn't do anything wrong. No one did anything wrong. It was just a series of unexpected events that turned that turned the house on its axis.

"This isn't a good time to discuss our dilemma," E.J. braced himself on the counter next to Sally and took a deep breath, lifting his mask just a bit to show his mouth. "Especially when the one who knows the most about the topic is currently bedridden and comatose."

"Jack is right," Slender straightened up, "We wait for Madness to heal. Once he has recovered, we update him on the situation. For now, we resume our lives and wait patiently for our beloved family member to return to us. I'll inform Jane on the matter when she returns as well."

They all nodded, but no one took the initiative to move. They were all still processing the information and thinking about you. Sally yawned and L.J. picked the girl up and rocked her to sleep. Clockwork tears had stopped leaving her in a hiccuping mess while Toby rubbed her back. Just when they all were about to disperse, Masky laughed very darkly and sourly.