01 | welcome home.

CHAPTER ONE: WELCOME HOME

CHAPTER ONE:
WELCOME HOME.

──────── ⋆ ❍ ⋆ ────────

Being back in Rosewood brought Ivory back all kinds of memories. The good, the bad, and the mistakes. Her time away from the little town didn't really seem to help much with the problems she had when she first left. Of course they were still there, but now it seems the one biggest problem she had, now turned into the best thing ever. A blessing. Something, she never thought she'd call it.

Of course, she didn't return to Rosewood with a smile. Far from it. She had returned to find her once best friend, was dead. Ivory could remember it, like it was just yesterday when her group of friends shared secrets with each other. She remembered how Alison DiLaurentis held the group together despite their differences. Alison, the queen bee. Aria, the artistic one. Spencer, the smart one. Emily, the athletic one. Hanna, the outcast. And Ivory, the mischievous one. Each were so different, yet they were all connected through Alison. But now she was gone, and the bond that was once there, was now broken.

Yet there Ivory stood in front of Emily's house, wishing for nothing more than for that bond back. Even after Ivory took off for that year, she managed to stay in contact with Emily.

She knocked on her house door, waiting for her friend to open the door. She anxiously looked around, seeing if anyone was around. She couldn't help but feel that someone was watching her. But there was no one in sight. She jumped slightly when she heard the clicking of a door. Emily appeared in the doorway with a surprised look in her face.

"Ivory? W-What are you doing back in Rosewood? You never told me you were coming back." Emily said.

"After you told me it was safe, my mom and I talked. She decided it was time to come home."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise, but I didn't get the reaction I was hoping for." Ivory said.

"No, I mean it's great that you're back, I'm just, in shock. You've missed a lot." Emily told.

"Care to fill me in over a cup of coffee?"

"I have to ask my mom. I'm kinda on house arrest."

"Emily Fields? You're grounded? I didn't think you could get in trouble." Ivory teased.

"Have you not seen the news?" Emily asked.

"No. I haven't gotten that chance to. Why?"

"That's part of what you missed," Emily said. "Here come on in. I'll ask my mom. I'm sure once she sees you, she'll say yes."

Ivory nodded, looking around the neighborhood once more, and followed Emily into her kitchen. Her mom was in kitchen putting away dishes from the sink.