Chapter 3: Jermaine's home pt. 1

*Authors note at the end of the chapter*

                                   Kami's P.O.V.

After everyone was finished with breakfast, the boys left and the girls helped me straighten up the house. We went upstairs so I could get ready for Jermaine's welcome home get together and they could grab their belongings.
I wasn't really in a ''get together'' mood, so I chose a simple light blue cotton shirt with a pocket in the corner and some comfortable grey shorts with my floral Birkenstocks.
"What time are we supposed to be back here", Kayla asked. "Well, we're pretty much done with the decorations, only thing left to do is cook and I got that under control, so I'll say around 3:30", I said. "Oh and I need somebody to pick up some napkins and plastic silverware please". "I'll get it since I gotta pick up the balloons anyway", Shyla said. "Ok, thanks honey", I said.
"Whose going to pick him up?", Simiya asked. "Eli, Mark, Jasper, JB, and Da'quan... hopefully the people who he was with yesterday don't come back", I said with an eye roll. It's not that I didn't like them but one in particular made me feel weird. I looked up to see the girls smirking at me with these big ass grins on their faces. "What?", I asked. "Girl you know you want you some of that fine ass  white chocolate", Kayla said laughing. "Naahh I'm good... I don't think I need to be 'shooting' anymore basketballs anytime soon if you know what I mean", I said as I went to go put my hair in a messy high bun. They all smacked their lips and said "girl" at the same time. I laughed because we've had this conversation way too many times and they still say the same thing. I'm zero to two and I give up. Fuck that saying, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take". Well I missed 100% of the ones I did take and nobody has time for that.
You sure you don't need any help cooking", Kayla said. "Yeah I'm sure. Y'all can go get ready", I said. "Alright we gone. See you later best friend", Kayla said. I made my way downstairs so that I could start making the lasagna, catfish, and salad.

..*one hour later*..
*Ding*
I looked at the door in confusion. I know for sure it isn't the boys, they won't be back for another hour. And if it was anybody else they would have called to let me know they were on their way. Before I opened the door it hit me... the only person I know who don't call to let me know when they're on their way is D.
I opened the door and turned around heading back in the kitchen so I could finish cooking.
"Damn no hello, handshake or nun", he said. I turned around cocked my head to the side and said "hi" and then went back to putting the salad together. "Kami stop playing with me", he said as he turned me around and took the knife out of my hand.
"Give me the knife back so I can finish cooking. Cucumbers don't cut themselves", I said. "Shake my hand first" "Nahh I think I'll pass", I said. He put the knife on the counter and walked around the isle of the kitchen so that he stood right in front of me. "Listen Kami... I" I cut him off before he could even finish. "It's fine.. I'm fine really. It happened it's over and done with now.. we don't have to talk about it... I mean what's there to talk about", I rambled on clearly feeling some type of way, plus I didn't really want that on my mind all night.
I looked down because I didn't want him to see how upset I was getting. I hate when people see me all emotional, it makes me feel vulnerable and exposed. He lifted my chin up so I could look at him, but I looked everywhere else trying my hardest to avoid eye contact. "Kami"... "KAMI", he said a little more louder than before. "look at me". I slowly looked up and into his eyes. They held an uncertainty in them. A look I knew all too well. He opened his mouth to speak but then his phone started ringing.
He pulled it out his pocket and declined the call, not before I saw the name that popped up. I started laughing and pushed pass him so that I could finish cooking. "Kami I really want to talk to you", he said. "And I don't want to talk to you, so could you go out back and make yourself useful", I said.
He stood there with two expressions written over his face, guilt and anger. I know I hit a nerve when I said that but I just can't do it. I'm tired of taking one step forward and two steps back. He walked out back looking like a lost puppy. Great, now I feel horrible. "Liquor me please", I said aloud while making my way to my parents liquor cabinet.
It had a lock on it but I had a key to it. Awhile back I started drinking away my problems and I snuck a copy of their key and basically have been raiding their supplies every since🤷🏾‍♀️.
I shifted through the liquor until I got to the good stuff. A bottle of 1942 Bourbon Whiskey. Mmmh cup or no cup I thought. Screw it, I put the bottle to my lips and swigged two big gulps down. I turned around and almost spit out the liquor that was in my mouth. I stared at the girls as they watched me critically.
"What's wrong sugar foot", Simiya said. "Nothing I'm good. Y'all look cute though", I said quickly, trying to change the subject. I grabbed the bottle of liquor and went to the bathroom. "She know she lying... only time she drink is when she's upset", I heard Simiya say before I closed the door.