20 {Final}

Five years later~

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

Jaehyun started approaching the place he wished to avoid the rest of his life. Today was Minhee's birthday. He never have thought to visit her. But, he missed her.

He had returned back to working in the hospital a year after her death. Her death proved to be a huge blow to him. He was fine and regained back his weight. He was only alright physically.

He never communicated with anyone else in the hospital besides his patients.

One time, he had heard someone said, "The leader of the smalll group even died of the disease itself. What a joke." The man ended up in the ICU. He should be glad Jaehyun did not land another punch in his other eye. If not, he could have gotten blind from the impact.

The world in his eyes was dark and gloomy. He tried putting her at the back of her mind and move on, but it was impossible. Every single thing he did, from eating at the hospital's canteen to writing an important reminder on a post-it note, reminded him of Minhee.

Why did she have to leave him so early? Jaehyun had planned out their future. He wanted to start a family with Minhee, to have two children. He wanted for them to go to Connecticut, where he had stayed at when he was in America for four years.

He glanced down at the gravestone. Without realising, he was in the middle of all the other gravestones. It was as though he already knew where Minhee's was. And he was at the correct one.

Her name was engraved into the stone and it pained his heart to greet her again but in this manner. "Minhee... I'm here. This is Jaehyun." He swore he felt guilty for abandoning her right after her death. But it wasn't as though he was living in bliss either.

A tear escaped his left eye as he ran his fingers through the engravings on the stone. He placed the bouquet of flowers that he had purchased earlier in front of the stone. They were her favourite flowers.

"I'm sorry for not being there as you were leaving this world for good. I didn't mean it. I just... just couldn't accept the fact that you were gone." A breeze blew towards the left side of his face. He took this as a signal that Minhee wiped his tears away, because his face was dry now.

Ever since her departure, Jaehyun had been sensitive, even about the smallest matters. Anything good, "She's my lucky charm." Anything bad, "I jinxed it for myself." He took it all upon himself. It wasn't healthy.

Droplets started falling onto the bridge of his nose. And soon, droplets became puddles of rain. "Minhee, don't cry. I will be here for you. Forever and always." He squat down and bruied his face into his knees and arms. It was finally time.

Time to release everything.

He cried and cried. As long as the rain did not stop pouring, he did not stop pouring his emotions out too.

Finally, there were lesser and lesser water descending from the skies. The sun started peeking through the clouds. Little did he know, he dozed off after bawling his eyes out. He was soaking wet from the rain but he managed to force a smile as he saw a familiar figure in the distance.

"M-Minhee? Is that you?" He ran towards the figure, wishing for it to be who he was hoping for. As his vision cleared up, he was over the moon. "Minhee!"

"Hey Jae. I can't stay here for long. Now, get your act together and stop weeping over my death. It was nothing really. I just wanted to tell you I love you. Now move on and find yourself someone new. I'll miss you. Forever and always. Don't ever forget that." Without giving Jaehyun a chance to reply her or hug her, even if she was intangible, she became dust and flew away with the strong wind.

The sky cleared up and Jaehyun opened his eyes. "Hey. I heard you. Thanks for turning up. I won't ever find someone new. I will only love you, in this life, and in the next. Please leave in peace and don't worry about me. I'm fine now."

With that, he went back to his regular lifestyle. He started speaking more, to his colleagues and to his friends. He apologised for anything that he had done wrong in that crooked mentality of his.

Things were back to normal. Just the way it is.

Guess Jaehyun and Minhee were fated, not.

A/N:
Hey guys! Finally done with this book! This is definitely my favourite chapter. And yes, Minhee did die. This book was definitely way better than my first one. But, I'm thinking to edit that. So, if you haven't already, add 'My Prince Butterfly' to your reading list because my writing has improved over the years and that is going to have better writing for sure. Special thanks to @shinningstar96 and @sichengswifeuu! Bye!

Current Obsession:
Energetic - Wanna One