~Strange Feelings~

[Sebastian's POV]

The sound of the wind howling at night wasn't uncommon here at the Phantomhive Manor. I do not exactly sleep much because I am a demon, although demons do like to get sleep for recreational purposes. I sat by a nearby window, looking outside and thinking about Ciel's recent behavior. There was something...off about him. He may not think I'm concerned, or that I am aware of the presence of an issue in his mind, but it is my duty to be worried about my lord. I decide it would be best to check on him. Picking up the nearby lit candle on the window sill, I stood up and made my way over to the young master's room, my footsteps making no noise at all. It wouldn't be wise of me to wake up the servants. Especially at a time like this, which is what led me to quickly take out my pocket watch, opening it and looking at the time. "Ah...1:24 A.M..." I mutter quietly to myself as I arrived at the door of his room, quietly opening it and looking in. Immediately, there was a faint noise of a bed sheet moving.

"My lord..." I whisper as I walk over to his bed, knowing that he wasn't actually asleep. Ciel ever-so-slightly turned his head towards me. "Tch...What do you want? I'm trying to sleep." He responded with a grumpy tone. My initial thought was that his situation was causing him to suffer from sleep deprivation. If it was something else, I'd be more than surprised. "I came to check on you, young master. You really should be getting to sleep now, it is almost 1:30 in the morning." I say before turning around, and heading back out of his room. "Stay!" He shouted in a somewhat regretful tone, but I happily obliged. "Stay until I go to sleep..." I paced my way over to the window near his bed, leaning against the wall and bowing. "Yes, my lord." His blue eyes stared into mine, triggering a very strange feeling inside of me. I wasn't very familiar with it though, because I do not understand most emotions.

Staring at my young master was an activity I often do. Ciel was a very engaging human, in fact, he's the only one I have ever truly cared about. It is my duty to protect him. Even without the contract...I always want to be there and help him out. It pains me to see the young master out of character like this. He hasn't been even eating much of the food I've been cooking for him. My lord also seems to be getting distracted quite easily by his own thoughts, perhaps fighting his 'inner demons,' or so that's what he calls it. What a silly phrase to mask the process of brushing off unnecessary thoughts. Still, I must think of a way to get him to talk to me about his situation. As my gaze focused back on him and away from my mind, he finally was asleep. He looked like a peaceful dead body. I shouldn't really think that way, but I see lots of dead humans on the cases that we solve. He looks exactly like a deceased one, except without all the blood. Truthfully, I don't want him to die, but I know eventually, he will. I sigh and walk up to his sleeping figure, bowing down. "Goodnight, my lord." I spoke before I walked out of the room, closing the door.

To be continued...