Chapter 4

Chapter Four - Can I Kiss You?

I couldn't find my hair brush anywhere. It has to be somewhere. I know my brother wouldn't use it, because he doesn't like sharing things like such. I don't blame him though. I looked under my bed, in my closet, in the bathroom, and I even looked in the kitchen. I haven't even been in the kitchen since the last time I saw the dang brush. 

I heard the front door open and close. Richard was already inside, so I figured Henry came by...again. But then I heard two voices. They were familiar and I haven't heard those voices in such a long time it feels like. I slowly walked out of my room and down the hall. I listened to the voices again. They were talking to Richard. 

I stood at the top of the steps. Should I go talk to them? I don't know. It would be rude of me if I didn't talk to them. I took in a deep breath and slowly walked down the stairs. I found them in the living room talking to Richard. 

I slapped a fake smile on my face and said, "hey mom and dad." 

"Hey sweetie, sorry we were gone for so long," my mother said as I was hugging my father.  

"That's...fine, I guess," I said and then mumbled under my breath, "I'm used to it." I looked at Richard and he genuinely looked happy to see our parents. I sighed. He's still young and he thinks they're going to be around more often. The only way they would be around more often is if they quit their job, which I doubt they will do. They put their work before their own two children. 

I feel so bad for Richard. I don't want to see him hurt. The front door opening and closing brought me out of my thoughts. I peeked my head out of the living room and saw Henry at the front door taking his shoes off. He saw me and was about to talk, but I gave him a signal to be quiet. He looked at me confused. 

I smoothly stepped out of the living room and walked to Henry. "My parents just arrived," I whispered to him. He quickly slipped his shoes back on. My parents don't like their nephew too much. They heard all the things-more like rumors-about him when he was still in high-school and they highly disapproved of him. 

"Bye, I'll see you later," Henry said. I gave him a quick hug and then he left. 

I walked back into the living room where my dad was talking to my mom about some business deal. I honestly didn't understand it at all. My phone vibrated and I took it out of my back pocket to see who it was. I didn't know the number, but I opened the text anyway. 

Hey, this is Ben. I have an emergency, which involves Noah. I need your help. -Ben 

Send me the address and I'll be there a.s.a.p. -Lilly 

Ben sent me their home address a couple minutes later and then I headed over there after saying goodbye to my family. My parents didn't seem to care at all. How lovely they are? Note the sarcasm. 

When I arrived at their house I was impressed. It looked clean, well from the outside. They're guys, so it will probably look different on the inside. They live really close to Rachel. I knocked on the door and Derrick opened it up. 

"Hey Lillian, I'm so glad you're here. Come inside," he said. I still don't know why they want me here. Ben came around the corner. 

"Hey, okay, so Noah has been acting really weird. He received a phone call earlier; maybe three hours ago. Ever since then he's been out of it. Both Derrick and I have tried talking to him, but he won't talk back," Ben explained. 

"At first he lay on the couch and didn't speak. A while later he started doing push-ups and some other work-out. Now, he's playing the drums non-stop and it is driving us insane," Derrick added.