Chapter 7

Chapter Seven - Don't Mess with Me, I'm on My Period

"Would you please stop tapping the table with your finger?" Rachel asked annoyed. Her eyebrows were raised and she was looking me straight in the eye. I couldn't help the excitement that was over flowing inside me. 

We were waiting on Tara at the coffee shop. She's usually here on the dot, but not today. I felt a hand stop my finger tapping. I looked at Rachel, automatically knowing who stopped it, and she looked so annoyed that she could bust anytime now. That look alone made me stop. I think this is her time of the month. 

We heard the bell ding from the shop door opening. All our heads snapped towards the door. We all sighed when it wasn't Tara. 

"I wonder where she is," Beth said while reading the Hunger Games book. 

"I don't know," I answered. 

Finally two minutes later she walked in the coffee shop. Everything looked normal, so I guess she woke up late or something. 

"Hey guys, I woke up late. Sorry, you had to wait on me," Tara said. Was I right or was I right? 

"No problem," I said. 

"Lillian," Rachel said with frustration laced through her voice. I looked at her with eyes wide. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Please stop tapping the table," she sighed. I didn't even realize I started doing it again. 

"Someone is PMSing," Tara mumbled. Beth nodded her head. 

"I have exciting news," I said. 

"What is it?" Beth asked. 

"Noah and I are," I was rudely interrupted. 

"Hey Lillian; it's nice seeing you again." 

"I doubt that," I mumbled under my breath; Beth must have heard me, because she looked at me and tried not to chuckle. I turned towards him and replied, "Hello James, I sure wasn't expecting to ever see you in a coffee shop. I didn't know you liked coffee." 

"Yeah, it's pretty good," he replied. 

"Well...James, we were just having a serious conversation. Do you mind?" Rachel said in her snappy tone. 

"No, I don't mind one bit," he answered. He stood there looking at each of us while smirking. I guess if he's going to play this game I might as well go ahead and finish what I was telling my friends, because he will never leave if he's stayed this long. 

"How about you pull up a seat?" I asked. I smiled sweetly. My friends looked at me like I was crazy. They know how he left our friendship hanging.  

"I don't mind if I do," he replied. When he was grabbing a chair I looked at my friends and gave them a look that said 'I don't like this either'. I just knew he wasn't going to leave that easily, so I'm going along with it. 

James' chair scraped across the floor and placed it between Beth and me. I waited till he sat down before talking again. 

"So, what I was telling you girls earlier before we were interrupted was that Noah and I are dating now," I said. I heard James choking on his coffee. Tara and Rachel were squealing. Beth was smiling really big. I wasn't sure who was going to speak first, but when I realized James wasn't done choking I decided to help him. 

"Are you okay?" I asked once he was done choking and his face turned back to normal color. He coughed one more time and nodded his head. 

"You're dating that guy I met at the park yesterday?" James asked. I nodded my head. "Oh, I never would have imagined."