Chapter 17

Chapter 17

( back at her house )

I entered the house with a sad expression on my face.

" You ok?" Matthieu questioned. I passed by him as I shrugged my shoulders.

I walked in my room and set the little navy blue box on my dresser as I got my pajamas on. I took what ever I could find as I was not in the mood to look through my entire wore- drove. I put on a pink tang- top and a pair of fuzzy blue pants, and went to watch t.v. with my dad and brother as my mom cooked supper. I sat on the rocking chair and saw that they were watching a football game! yah! ( B.t.w that was sarcasm) I hated to watch sports on t.v. , unless of course it had to do with the competitive horse shows. Well a disappointing show for a disappointing day.

************************************

After supper and watching a bit more t.v. I went to my room. I closed my door and saw at the corner of my eye the blue box.

" Oh ya, I almost forgot about you" I uttered taking to the box like a weirdo.

I carried the box to my bed, I took a seat and slowly opened it, scared to see what it was. As I opened the box, I made out the image of a horse and something shiny. I quickly opened it, it was a beautiful diamond in the shape of a horse hanging from a gold necklace. It had to be soooo expensive and she chose to give it to me? I gently took it out of the box and held it in my right hand as I carefully examined it, it had so much detail, every groove in the horses face showed, every little thing, it was by far the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I examined it a bit more before going to put it in the box, when I found a note at the bottom . I picked it up and unfolded it. It read.

Dear Eva,

By now you probably already saw the necklace. It was handed down to me from my grandmother and I want you to have it. Eva, you were a huge part of my life and if we didn't have to, I would have never left you. It was financial reasons, I hope you know that every day I will go down to the barn and there will be something big missing in my life, something that could only be filled with your presence. We will miss you so much and please don't take this to hard, you have to be strong, I'm sure you will find another barn that you will love just as much as you did mine. Take care of yourself and tell David I will miss him too along with everyone else and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid please.

Until next time,

Liz

I folded the note as tears made their way down my face, I would miss her so much. I set the note in the box and set it on my night stand as I held the necklace against my chest, never letting go and cried myself to sleep.

Authors note

Hey guys, hope you like it, poor Eva! my eyes were getting watery as I wrote this chapter :-( I would like to thank VanessalovesHarry for all her support , I could never do this without her, I would also like to thank Shh1323 for her comment and for added this to her reading list. Thanks to all of you, I could never do this without you guys!

I'm so sorry I just realized I've been saying pear instead of pair ( ex I took my pear of pants) I meant pair of pants sorry

Thanks :-)

Chow