;seven;

mum,

when i saw her the next day, she looked different. her eyes were puffy and tired-looking, as if she had gotten no sleep at all. her hair was uncombed and messy, and her clothing choice seemed unmatched, like she had just gotten up and thrown on whatever her fragile hands could touch. despite her lack of sleep, she came to the pool nonetheless, and for a good ten minutes, she frantically searched her tote bag, looking for something. in fact, one point, she flipped the bag upside down, and dumped everything out, but sighed dramatically before pulling out her phone and attaching the earphones into the phone. her eyes were closed, but the stiffness of her body displayed that she was still awake. 

as my eyes intently stared at her, i climbed out of the pool, and to the locker where i kept my spare clothes. she must have been looking for her journal all night, and it's just her luck that i brought it to her. after i retrieved the journal, i made my way slowly to her. 

"i- um. you left your journal here yesterday."

her eyes fluttered open, and she looked at me in shock. a small smile spread on her face before reaching for it, but her smile suddenly turned into a scowl.

"i-. i didn't read it."

the smile returned to her face, and she smiled, a genuine smile. 

regardless of her swollen eyes, her tangled hair, and her mismatched clothing, her smile was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen. it didn't matter that her eyes were puffy. it didn't matter that her hair was a bird's nest. it certainly didn't matter about her mismatched smile. all that mattered was her beautiful smile, and the ways her eyes crinkled when she smiled. 

"thank you."

"hey-- i was wondering if maybe--" she raised her eyebrows at me, the smile still evident.

"never mind, it's nothing."

i smiled at her, and she smiled right back, as i backed away and dived into the body of water.

-niall

i find this kind of cute

is it just me or.

the pic on the side just-