Denial

Alec's Pov

I walk down the halls of school in Jace's,Isabelle and there significant others shadows. It was nothing new.

"Hey Alec" Lydia says twirling her perfect curls around her finger with a flirty smile.

"Hello Lydia"I say and here it comes another thing that isn't new.

"Wanna go to the movies with me this Friday?"She asks.

"No I can't sorry,I'm busy"I say just like I do every Monday when she asks.

"Oh ok maybe next week"She says with a disappointed smile. I hated hurting her feelings but I was gay and in the closet where I would remain for the rest of my life because gay is wrong.

"How many times are you gonna turn her down?"Jace asks.

"Until she stops asking"I say dryly ending the conversation before walking to my locker and switching out my books.

"Hi there"Someone says from behind my locker door. I shut it revealing Magnus Bane  leaning against the locker beside mine. Magnus Bane my crush.

"Hi"I say shyly.

"Wanna go to the movies with me this Friday?"He asks. Something new.

"Ew I'm not a fag like you"I say flushed.

"I prefer the term homosexual and stop lying to yourself,it gets better when you stop lying to yourself" he says with a knowing look.

"I'm not lying to myself I like girls"I say getting angry.

"Your in denial"He says and I punch him. Something else that was new,I was never violent. Why did I do that to him he was my crush I had been dreaming of this since middle school.

"Woah,Alec whats wrong with you?"Jace asks me with a hand on my shoulder.

"He called me a fag and asked me on a date"I say looking down very ashamed at what I had done.

"Oh in that case"Jace says before beating Magnus who was still on the floor from my punch.

"No Jace,stop" I say pulling him away"Lets leave this fag alone"

I wasn't lying to myself,I was scared of myself.

~

I decided to walk home from school instead of riding home with my siblings. Ahead of me I see someone very similar looking to Magnus limping. I realize it was him I run to catch up to him.

"I'm sorry"I pant when I get to him and he stops and turns to look at me.

"Say it"He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Say what? Sorry? I did"I ask.

"No say your gay" he says.

"No I'm-"He cuts me off with a dry laugh.

"Stop lying to yourself,just say it"he says and I stay silent he begins walking away.

"I'm gay"I whisper and he stops and slowly turns.

"Louder"

"I-I-I'm"I stutter"Gay" I whisper.

"Louder!"He yells causing me to flinch.

"I'm g-gay" I say.

"Without stuttering"

"I'm" I pause"Gay"

"Good now would you like to go to the movies with me Friday? I think you owe me"he says gesturing to his limp.

"Why would you want to go on a date with me after I hurt you?"I ask.

"Because we all go through a stage of denial"He says"Plus like I said before you owe me"

"Ok then I'll go on a date with you"I say looking down blushing.

"Hazza!"he cheers and I laugh before taking his bag and walking him home both of us laughing the whole way there.

"Ya know that walk was kind of like a date,we can skip Friday and just let this be our first date that is if you'll be my boyfriend if not then Friday is still on because I'll just have to try again"He says at his doorstep.

"Yes I'll be your boyfriend"I say before kissing him not caring about anything else but him.

Awee fluff hope y'all enjoyed it!

Peace out malec scouts!