E I G H T

Weeks have past since that incident. I've haven't been able to sleep much since then. The image of him keeps replaying in my mind. The way he was holding his chest. The way he fell to the ground. Everything. 

I gag and lean over the side of the steps and throw up, once again. I've had morning sickness all week and I hate it. I sit there for a second and catch my breath, before getting up and walking out into the fields, searching for Daryl. I wanted to thank him for everything. He doesn't get as much praise as he deserves.

I make my way over to his camp, not seeing him outside. Since i can't holler out his name i unzip the tent just a tad, wanting to see if he was in there, to my luck he was. He stood there, his  bare back facing me. Stray lines run along his back, in every direction. His body twist to where his front was facing me. I look on up him, our eyes look. His glare got even harsher as he put on his shirt. I backed away from the tent and stumbled over a log that was near his not lit fire, and fell. He comes out of the tent and looks around before his eyes land on me. I stare, wide eye at him. His eyes soften and he shakes his head, walking over to me and sticking out his hand to me. I hesitantly take it and me pulls me to my feet. 

"What were y-you doing?" He stutters a bit then regains himself. I look around on the ground, searching for my dry erase board and my marker, that fell when I fell. I find them and start writing. "I came to thank you." 

"No need." Daryl says, shaking his head. "Thank you." I write, ignoring his words.

"I said there was no need in thanking me, Nicole." He snaps at me, making me roll my eyes. "I heard you, but I did it anyway, Daryl." 

"Go back to your house." Daryl growls at me. I sigh and turn around, not wanting to fight with him.

"Lori's pregnant." I overheard Glenn tell Zoey. I gasp and their heads shoot in my direction. I instantly look away and rush into my house, being followed by Glenn.

"Nicole." Glenn says, grabbing my arm. I turn and look at him, perusing my lip into a line. "Don't tell anyone, please?" Glenn begs me. I send him a reassuring smile and nod. He sends me a smile back and lets out a relieved sigh. 

Wait, i never thought of that. What if im pregnant? 

*Time skip*

I lay in my bed, wide awake, thinking. Thinking about the possibility that I could be pregnant. What if I am? Do I tell them? How would they react? What will dad do? How will i survive this new world with a baby? Will I even make it? Endless possibilities ponder around in my head, not letting me get any sleep.

Finally, after twisting and turning all night long, I fell asleep.

*Time skip*

"Nicole, wake up. You've slept all day." Dads voice booms throughout my room. Groaning, i roll over and burry my head deeper into my pillow. "Nicole. Get up." Dad demands, coming over to me and pulling off my cover, making me groan again and curl up in a ball, still snuggling with my pillow. "Don't make me get Beth up here. You remember what happened last time, don't you?" Dad sighed giving up. I heard shuffles then my door being closed. Last time Beth came up here to wake me up, she poured cold water all over me. That sucked. 

Finally, i sit up, yawning and stretching. I get up and walk to my closet, changing into a new set of clothes, making sure to get my dry erase board and my marker, then making my way to the bathroom. I hurriedly comb through my hair and brush my teeth, getting rid of my morning breath. After i was satisfied, i make my way down stairs, starting to remember what i was planning on doing. Asking Lori if she had anymore pregnancy sticks. I just want to know, but first i'm going to eat. 

I walk into the kitchen, seeing most of Rick group in there and my family, eating. I go over to the fruit basket and take out a apple, now noticing i'm not as hungry as i thought. I quietly walk to the kitchen door, getting ready to walk out when someone says my name. I turn around to see Carl. I watch him waiting for him to continue.

"Can I talk to you outside?" He asks, staring up at me with big eyes. I nod and walk outside, waiting for the little boy to follow. I grab my dry erase board and my marker and start writing. "What is it, Carl?" 

"I, uh, wanted to ask if you were ok, since you know. Shane." The shy boy stutters, looking down at the ground and his cheeks turning a slight shade of red. "I'm fine. Are you ok? I know Shane was your friend." I write, sending him a sad smile while letting him read it. 

"Yeah. Im ok." Carl mumbled, his face dropping, making me feel horrible. I place my hand on his shoulder and gently pull him into a gentle hug. He latches his hands onto my shirt and cries. I hold him for about another minute, then let him go, after hearing his sobs go silent. 

He pulls away from my now soaked shirt and runs off, inside the house. I sigh and start off towards Rick and Loris tent, just looking for Lori.  

*Time skip*

I can't be pregnant. 

I stare down at the little stick in my hand that I got from Lori. Positive. Two red lines. No no no. No! My breathing turned ragged as I stared at the little stick. My eyes filled with tears when it hit me. I'm pregnant with a monster's baby.