T W E N T Y O N E

"How is she?" Rick asks, observing the bandage and resting dog. 

"Better." Olivia smiles, softly rubbing the dog's head. 

"What breed?" Carl asks, piecing his gun together. 

"Um, a labradoodle I think." Oliva answers.

"Where did she come from?" Daryl asked, perching himself beside me. 

"Most likely through the gap in the wall." Spencer sighs, rubbing a hand over his face.

"We need to fix that." Diana states, frustration evident on her features. 

"But we don't have enough building supplies," Spencer says and takes a long look around the small gathering, "We're going outside to find some."

"There's some at the church. We were building defenses when Y'all showed up." Rick explains, pointing to the church on a nearby map.

"Good, we'll start there, then we shall move on to Lows." Spencer plans, pinpointing things on our map.

"That's a far way out, Spencer." Diana frowned.

"I'm well aware of that mom, but it's what we have to do."

"What happened to all of our building supplies?" Aaron asks, never really let in on things.

"We've been fixing the church, trying to make it more stable," Diana informs Aaron of their works.

"Oh, well when are we doing this?" Aaron questions.

"Tomorrow, if we can." Spencer plans some more, glancing at his mother.

"Sounds good, for now, park a van in front of the gap and let everyone know to be careful and quiet." Diana orders everyone and the meeting is over.

Everyone left to do their own thing. Rick and Spencer went on talking about who is going and what-not, while Carl and Eden went to go watch Judith, Diana stayed where she was, Aaron went back to his boyfriend, and Daryl and I walked in comfortable silence to my house.

The walk was short and we soon we're inside the walls of my safe haven. Our bags were thrown to the floor beside the door but our weapons stayed on us. Unarmed is stupidity. It'll get you killed.

"Nicole," Daryl said, pulling me into his protective arms, "Have I mentioned that I love you?"