Chapter 11: Attempting to Sail

"I am Moana of Motunui. You will board my boat, sail across the sea, and restore the heart of Te Fiti," Moana recited.

She kept repeating this as she struggled to sail the canoe.

"I am Moana--" she started again.

Then she heard a bang from inside the boat.

"Of Motu--" she continued until she heard it again then finished, --nui."

It continued until a coconut appeared out from underneath. She removed it then put it back not believing what she saw.

"Heihei?!" she exclaimed.

She removed the coconut and Heihei looked around to see nothing but ocean. He squawked so loud every now and then except when Moana put the coconut back on his head three times like turning off an alarm clock (A/N Wouldn't y'all agree?).

"It's okay. You're alright," she comforted, lifting the coconut from his head, and soothed, "Yes...see. There we go. Nice water. The ocean is a friend of mine."

Then the chicken decided to go swimming.

"Heihei. Heihei!" she gasped when she found him.

She jumped in the water and saved him, but it took time for them to get back on the canoe. It was also enough trouble just to keep Heihei in the boat.

"Stay," she instructed, putting him in the cargo hold, then added, "Okay. Next stop, Maui."

She was having some difficulty trying to steer the boat, day and night. She also continued to recite what her gramma told her to say. Even when she almost fell asleep, she kept it up until she landed in the water.

"Ocean. Can I get a little help?" she requested.

Then she noticed a storm was coming her way.

"No... no. Please. Come on," she replied desperately.

But then she was caught in the storm and held onto the canoe as tightly as she could.

"Help me! Please!" she begged until she was swept under the currents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Moana is definitely having difficulties sailing, but she will learn from the best eventually.