Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The Commander stepped out, his lips pursed and his eyes holding hate.

"The Beta wants to see you. You be on your best behavior. Don't speak unless spoken to, understood?" He snapped and Ala immediately straightened.

"Yes, Commander." She answered, looking right through him like she was supposed to.

If Ala made any wrong move she could be permanently removed from this world, just like the girl who was killed. She wanted to live. She wanted to see her family again.

The Commander opened the door wider, allowing her to step into the room.

Sitting at his desk was the Beta himself of the Scribe Pack, the second most highly looked upon pack in the world.

"Mrs. Everson, you have an interesting characteristic about you. One that has never happened before in our kind." He told Ala and she kept a stone-faced expression as he said what she hoped she would never hear when she became of age.

"Your eyes, they are different colors." He looked back down at his papers.

"Yes, Beta." Ala confirmed, although, he didn't need it. He could see it for himself that her eyes were different, anyone could.

She bowed her head in submission once again and closed her eyes for only a split second, praying that she would not have her end today, before opening them and starring blankly at the ground.

"You will stay in the competition with the girls and you'd better hope that the Prince looks past your flaw, otherwise, you're gone from this world." He decided, looking at Ala through slitted eyes and she let out a quiet breath that she didn't realize she was holding.

Ala thought she saw a small smirk form at the corner of the Beta's lips but it must have been her imagination because when she looked closer, his lips were poised in a thin line.

"Yes, Beta, I understand." Ala replied, keeping my head bowed.

"Good, you are dismissed." He waved her off with his hand, looking back down at his papers.

She gave another bow and left the room, the door giving a small click as it closed behind her.

The Commander stood on the other side of the wide hallway and his eyes snapped to hers as soon as she stepped out of the room.

"I guess Beta Scribe was feeling awful decent today. I would have put your ass with the other flawed Shifters." He sneered, looking down at Ala.

She steered clear from meeting his gaze and acted as if the floor beneath her feet was the most interesting thing.

Her heart raced and she felt it thumping loud in her ears, as if someone had placed a drum inside her. Ala feared the Commander could hear the pounding noise.

"Follow me, girl, you'll be back in line. Today is your lucky day. Don't get too excited, I'm sure the Alpha will have you killed off before you can blink. No one likes a flawed mate." The Commander spat as they walked through the hallway, Ala trailing farther behind in respect.

She couldn't think about the Alpha not accepting her, she couldn't afford the negative thoughts.

Hopefully, he'll send me home like the rest of them when I make it through the Arena Killings. She prayed.

Ala held her head high, refusing to look weak as she walked back into the Inspection Room.

She didn't expect the Commander to turn and grab her, so she had to hold back an ear splitting scream.

He pulled Ala roughly to the end of the line and shoved her into place.

"I'll say good bye now since I doubt you'll last more than a day in the Arena Killings." He snickered and flicked a disgusted look towards her, before walking away to where the other Commanders stood.

Ala stared straight ahead, her hands locked by her side.

Six more girls were pulled out of line and their lives ended. All because they weren't flawless. Neither was Ala, but for whatever reason, she was spared.

Ala's nails dug into her palm as she remembered what Beta Scribe had said.

Mrs. Everson, you have an interesting characteristic about you. One that has never happened before in our kind.

One that has never happened before.

A/N: Hey Guys, I know this took me a very long time for me to update, but please understand that I have about five other books I need to update. Thank you so much for reading my story, I hope you enjoy! Please vote and comment!