Chapter 13

A pair of to familiar brown orbs made contact with mine and I froze.

Lauren's POV

The water bottle I once held in my hand fell to the ground splashing water over my shoes and the ground beneath them. The cold water that quickly soaked through the fabric of my shoes and my socks brought my eyes down and sent a chill up my back, making my shoulders twitch.

"Shit," I hiss and at once immediately went to grab some paper towels on the table next to me, but once I went to grab at them, I felt a warm, familiar hand. I look slowly up the arm of the person to meet the eyes once more up close. They looked an unsettled as I did, but her well put together façade almost made me miss the minor look.

"Hi," she whispers so softly I almost didn't catch it. My eyebrows raise up, and I look at her with a perplexed expression. She was trying to start a conversation with me after what she had done. I didn't dare to respond as I feel my facial expression hardened into a glare. Not with Camila did I have to speak any words she already knew what I was trying to say.

Her hand suddenly moved under mine, and her body quickly moves away from my line of sight. I turn to see her cleaning up the mess that was expanding on the ground. I took cautious steps towards her as she cleaned up the mess for me. Soon the water that was on the ground was cleaned up, and she ripped some paper towels and put it before me.

"You may want to wipe your shoes off," Camila looks down at my still soaking wet shoes. The white shoes were a slight shade darker, but they didn't need to be wiped off.

Aggressively I took the paper towel from her hand making her flinch back. "I don't need your help," I growl lowly to her.

"Hey babe," a voice sounds from the door, and she turned and faced the man at the door. I knew she had smiled at him because he smiles and walks in.

"Camila," Austin walks in front of her and kisses her forehead gently, it seemed unlike his personality before. However, maybe this was his personality off camera. It made my eyebrows furrow and move from their hardened state before. "What are you doing in here?"

"I had walked in thinking this was our studio and it turned out it was Lauren's and she had accidentally dropped her water bottle. So I helped her clean it up," Camila's voice smoothly ran her tongue making my heart flutter in slow motion. It was in her full tone, and it had confidence, and she smiled sweetly at him and turned to me with the same smile. I almost cried on the spot, the girl I was completely head over heels gave me a smile. It may have been the fake one she had given him or a real, but whatever it was it made my heart burn with love and hate.

Austin seems to believe her and shrugs. He was in the mood to be compliant, or he had changed. I didn't consider the latter, but it was the only other thing that came to my mind.

"We shouldn't interrupt Lauren anymore than," He smiles and grabs Camila's arm softly. I only assumed this was a façade, after all, he wasn't like this with a lot of people. "She probably needs to use her time in the studio."

"Of yeah definitely," Camila immediately springs into action and follows what Austin was saying. She walks with his hand wrapped around her arm; she was showing her submission while he showed his dominance. "See you around Lauren."

Austin leads the two of them toward the door he put his free hand up and waves at me shortly.

"Yep," I respond awkwardly to them with my mouth in an awkward line. I stood awkwardly at by the small table in the room and my awkwardly wet shoes. Maybe I should wipe them off, or I could just take them off all the way.