Chapter Four

We walked through a long hallway making some turns. Aaron's hand was still holding mine for some reason I didn't mind, if anything I think that I liked it. I liked it a lot.

"I don't see my dad" I said when we finally reached the dugout. 

There were some players around but that was about it. I could see fans filling the seats of  the ball park.

"He most be around here" Aaron said looking around.

"I can't recall the last time I was in a dugout" I said as the memories of growing up going around from one baseball park to the other came back to me.

"Can't related" Aaron joked. I laughed.

"It most be amazing" I said as I tried to take in the beauty of it all. The sun was about to set and sky look so beautiful as the lights of the stadium came on to light up the field.

"What?" Aaron asked.

"That you get to do this for a living, you play a kids game and call it a job" My eyes met Aaron's and there was a beautiful smile on his face.

"I can't believe it myself sometimes...... And by sometimes I mean, everyday" He said half laughing.

"Well, you are good player. You belong here, No like you need me to tell you or anything" I said with a smile.

"Thank you" Aaron said with a humble smile.

"Just stating facts" I said with a smile. Aaron smiled and shook his head.

"How was your flight?" He asked. 

"It was good!, how was yours?" 

"You know same old" He said casually.

"I don't know how you guys do it, flying from one place to the other, different time zones and still expected to be great night after night"

"You know, it comes with the job, at least at the major league level we get to travel in private planes. In the minors it's all bus travel" 

"That most be tough" I said. Only thinking about it made me tired.

"It was good though, you get to know the guys and pick their brains a little" 

"When you, win" I joked. Aaron laughed.

"Yeah, sometimes it can be a little quiet after a  tough lost" He said with a little smile but I could tell that he was serious. 

"I think I should, go"  I said when I saw the people working on the field were almost done with their work and that meant that the baseball was about to start.

"It's been nice talking to you" Aaron said when I started to walk towards the hallway that goes to back to the clubhouse.

"Likewise" I couldn't hide the stupid smile on my face so I started to walk towards the door.

" I like your shirt" I heard Aaron said when I was just about to head into the hallway. I wanted to tell him that I didn't choose it but I didn't want to be that girl. So I turned around one last time and made added a little bit of humor to finish our conversation.

"I'm more of a jersey kind of girl though" I gave Aaron and smile. He laughed.

"I remember" His response made me think about the awkward way in which we met and there was a wave of embarrassment washing over me all over again.

"Good, luck tonight!" Was all I managed to said.

"Thank you" I gave Aaron a last smile before walking towards the hallway.