Six

*phone ringing a little too loud*

"Instant Coffee Fix, how can we help you?"

"Dan?"

"Um, this isn't Daniel if that's who you're asking for"

"Oh. Um..okay"

"How can I help you?"

"Um...I'll take a Cappuccino and a cranberry bagel, please"

"A Cappuccino and a cranberry bagel, anything else, Ma'am?"

"Uh..no. That will be all"

"Okay Ma'am. Your total is 3 dollars and-"

"38 cents. I know"

"Yes, Ma'am. Your order will be deliv-"

"Hello?"

"Cherry Cranberry?"

"If it isn't Coffee Boy Dan. Where have you been?"

*indistinct conversation*

"I've actually been out of town for the past few days. To visit my Mum"

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah. She's just been missing me"

"I get you. I have to FaceTime my friends back home nearly every day to show them I'm alive"

"Knowing you, they probably worry right. You could pass away in your apartment and no one would notice"

"How well do you know me?"

"Pretty well"

"Oh really. What do you know about me?"

"Your name is Cherry. You love cranberries in bagels. You rarely leave the house. You didn't know of Billius Shaw until recently"

"That's just four things"

"Well, what can you tell me about me?"

"Um...you only continue with your job so you can talk to me. You love annoying me. You live to cater to the needs of deprived little people who rarely get the privilege to see the going-ons in this vast, happening world of ours. You are a die-hard fan of Billius Shaw"

"Pretty much sums me up. Very good. But you missed out one extremely important fact"

"What's that?"

"I am completely and utterly fascinated by you"

"Oh? What is it about me that fascinates you?"

"Everything. Your voice. Your sarcasm. Your wit. Your sudden laugh. You manage to light up my world just by ordering a Cappuccino and a cranberry bagel"

"........."

"I haven't ever seen you, Cherry, but you already are everything I seem to think about"

"Coffee Boy Dan?"

"Hmm?"

"I feel the exact same way"

"Feels good to know I'm not the only person who fell in love with someone's voice"

*laughs* "You have no idea how relieved I am to know that I'm not the only insane person around here"

"We were born to be insane together. Because that's probably the only way we'll ever be sane"

"Hold on. You'll need to repeat that because I want to write that down"

*laughs* "I'll repeat that a hundred times over if you want me to"

"Good to know"

"Great to tell"

*incoherent voice*

"I have to go now"

"Why?"

"Um...I'll tell you later"

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes. Yes"

"Cher?"

"Thanks. Bye"

"Cherry?"

*~DIAL TONE~*