14

After school, Hayley, Lana and Marina waited for me and we all headed to the café together.

It was a small and pretty place with artificial flowers everywhere and pretty paintings of busy streets and quaint houses on the walls. It was aesthetically pleasing and I loved it.

We all sat around a table in the corner. Lana and Marina ordered coffee, Hayley had tea and I ordered some hot chocolate.

We spoke about plans for the weekend and girls in our school. It was nice to have friends to chat to, I found myself not thinking about Melanie at all.

Lana and Marina soon left because Marina's mom wanted her home and Lana said she'd drop her off. Then it was just Hayley and I.

"Can I ask you something?" Hayley said suddenly, stirring a wooden stick in her third cup of tea.

I nodded "Sure"

"Do you have a crush on me?"

I froze. How did she know? Did she hate it? Did she hate me? Oh god, she probably thinks I'm so weird-

"I don't mind if you do" she spoke softly "I'm bisexual"

I looked up and her and stuttered a bit before answering "I...uh...I...please don't hate me but..." I let out a huge sigh "Yes"

A huge smile broke out across her face "Really?!"

I nodded "For the last two and a half years" I chuckled.

"I've kinda had one for a few months...I didn't know how to approach you." She giggled "Wow you actually like me too? Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure Hayley!" I laughed

She held her hand out and I grabbed it.

"Can we go on a date sometime?" She bit her lip

"I'd like that" I smiled.

Her eyes lit up and for the first time in my life, I didn't feel like a complete loser.