26

I wasn't looking forward to school that morning but I managed to get myself out of bed and into school.

I got my art things from my locker and headed straight to class.

I took my seat and I took out my sketchbook on the picture of Hayley I had started a while back. I planned on finishing it and giving it to her.

I was shading in her hair when the door opened and Melanie walked in.

Quickly, I flipped the sketchbook shut and dropped my pencil.

"Hello Ashley. Whatcha hiding from me?"

"N-Nothing. What do you want Melanie?"

A smile played on her lips "I take it you enjoyed yesterday" she said, completely ignoring my question and taking my sketchbook off the table.

"Yes I did. Did you enjoy watching us?"

She stopped flicking through my sketchbook "Watching you?" She snorted "I wasn't watching you"

"Don't lie to me Melanie"

"What? Did you see me?"

"Um. No. I-"

"Ah!" She pointed her finger at me "You didn't see me. You've no proof I was there"

"I have a text message" I said meekly

She looked strangely at me "But I didn't...oh, forget it" she rolled her eyes, grabbing my sketchbook again.

She continued flicking through it.

Please don't find it

She found it.

"Ahhh! Drawing pictures of your girlfriend" she sneered "Sweet. Lovely"

She ripped it out, folded it up and pocketed it.

She went to leave when I make a snap decision to follow her and try to grab it out of her pocket.

She grabbed my arms and pushed me against the wall, her nails digging into my skin.

"You're not getting this back" she told me, letting go of me.

She left the classroom.

Outside, I heard the sound of ripping and then, footsteps fading.

I slowly opened the door and looked outside in the bin and there, in 17 pieces lay my drawing of Hayley.