chapter 9

Hayden, it's 2:00pm now, I have to go home my mom might be back already and Mel doesn't know where I am so I have to go bye. I said as I waved at him.

I moved away from the road side bench we had claimed earlier as I felt his hand grips on my arm, he pulled me backward to himself and said: I will walk you to your house. He said in a loving tone. I felt my cheeks turned red at that time.
I like it when you turn red. He said making me blush even harder.

Hayden thank you for walking me home . I said as we walked back to the direction of my house.

It's all nothing baby. He whispered loud enough for me to hear. 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mel I'm home. I shouted across the house while running up to my room. I saw a white paper and a pen.  On the paper was written;  I'm out with Kimberley I might be home late at night.

I hissed as I saw the paper and walked to my room and undressed and went straight to the bath. I took a very warm bath since I was coming from the cold out there.  I washed my hair with my lavender shampoo which Mel got for me.

I walked out of the bath and picked up a black strapless top and a short. I wore it after drying my self off I leaned over my drawer to get my purse which had my phone inside.  I called Mia as I sighed.

Mia_oh_mia : what's up Mae
Me:               I'm home wanna come over?
Mia_oh_mia: yeah I'll be in two minutes
Me: alright (I said knowing that two minutes would change into half an hour)

After 35 minutes
  I heard the door bell ring. It should be Mia or Mel. I said to myself nodding.

Holla Mae. I heard as I opened the door for Mia.
I got you a chicken sandwich with lemonade. Mia told me while flinging  her shoes in my room.

What the hell is that.  I said to the wall, indirectly speaking to Mia.

Uhn. I understand you well, won't you take the sandwich?

Mia asked me while furrowing her brows.  I took the sandwich without thanking Mia. 

The sandwich looks good though.

I whispered to the sandwich as I took a very big bite on it.

So where were you when I called earlier? Mia asked me, while I kept munching on the sandwich.

You deaf? She asked again. Okay, okay, I went out with  Hayden. I said without looking at her.

He is my boyfriend anyways. I added.
Oh wait, I don't know yet. I concluded.

Uhn, just be careful with him, I don't want you to get hurt . She said sounding like my mom.
Yes, but what do you mean? I asked her curiously dropping the paper of the sandwich

Nothing, was just saying. She said and shrugged.

We continued talking about school, movies and all.  I heard the door bell and groaned before going to get it. 

Hey Mae. Mel said waving , hey. I said forcing a smile before turning back, I was startled by Mia.

What the hell was that? I question before going up to my room. Sorry. She said giggling.

Scared crow. She murmured.  I heard that, would you shut up now. I shouted angrily.

Look who's here. Mel said giggling as they walking up to my room, I rolled my eyes seeing them, I knew it was going to be a boring season for me so I left them in my room and walked up to the terrace.

I saw two little girls playing at the yard, they are my neighbors children, they looked up and smiled, my heart melted and I waved at them.

I wore a long jeans and picked my shoes. Where are you going? Mel and Mia asked in unison. I'm going to get ice cream. I said and left.

Get for us too. Mia said while I climb down the stairs.

I got to the yard and saw the kids, Asha and Sasha. They are very lovely and fun to be with, we played for a while and I got to meet their Mom.

Hey ma'am, your kids are so lovely. I said with a sincere smile.  Thank you Mae. She said back. How come she knows my name.

You are beautiful Mae, just like your mom. She said again, then I understood where she got my name from. Thank you ma'am. I smiled.

Can you help me watch this kids, I want to make dinner? The young woman requested.

Yes, sure but may I take them to the ice cream shop down the road? I asked her.

Uhnn, Sure. She said and I jumped. Just take care of them. She said again walking off to their house.  Yes, sure ma'am.

Having  young sisters to take care of sounds as fun, I giggled and knelt beside them. Who wants to go with Mae and have ice cream. I said raising my brows. 

Me, me. They both shout in unison, I kissed their foreheads and held them both at each side, we walked for a while and we sang through.

I opened the door for them both to get inside and obviously I did too. 

Asha, Sasha, what do you both want. I asked them as they both shouted, mint and strawberry. I laughed and I ordered five mint and strawberry ice creams, remembering Mel and Mia . I paid and we left the ice cream shop.

I smiled at them and sat them down on the wooden bench beside the road ,they smiled back and dug into the ice cream.

I felt a hard grip on my arms. I was handled roughly making me let go of the girls.
No, no leave the girls and take me instead. Leave the girls alone.  I cried and cried until I blacked out.