Chapter 12

I spaced out and thought about Mel's word again, I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I heard someone's shout my name and shook my shoulder slightly.

Bringing me back from my trance, my Mom looked deep into my eyes and said.

I know there is something wrong with you,  you can tell me. I didn't notice I spaced out again until I felt a very cold liquid on my head, drenching my clothes. 
My eyes grew wide seeing Mel with a cup of water. 

A smirk played on her lips as she raised her brows.

What is this? I asked even after knowing that she poured on me cup of cold water.

You've been spacing out alot now and I think  cold water would do. She said as I fought the urge to roll my eyes, I looked back to my Mom, I could see she was trying to stop the smile playing on her lips.

I stomped my feet and went back to my room still hearing a little sound of giggles. Getting to my room, I opened my closet knowing its going to be another war  for me to pick a cloth.

I sighed before picking a pair a flannel shirt and a short and laid it on my bed.  I sat on the rug of my room, looking at the chandelier, I thought about Mel's word and why it was bothering me so much. 

It's not like Hayden is a bad person, is he?
He can't hurt me, can he?
But why am I bothered.

I kept asking myself so much question, even though my head hurts so bad, I couldn't stop thinking about things. My phone rang, bringing me back from my thoughts. I picked my phone absentmindedly and answered the call without checking the name.

'Hey', a very husky voice said from the other end of the phone sending shivers down my spine, my voice was gone. I opened my mouth as many times I could but to no avail. 

Finally, I found it, my long lost voice.
Hello Hayden. I said even before I could register my words to my brain. 

What's wrong, you don't sound good. He said, I stared at the chandelier as tears ran down my cheeks. 

I'm very good Hayden, just got into a misunderstanding with a friend of mine. I said stuttering, mentally face palming myself.  I've always tried to keep to the  title of a strong woman I am labeled to be.  I didn't like the idea of lying but I didn't want Hayden to feel bad or think I don't trust him.

A friend? He questioned, my heart beat increased and was beating really hard now, I didn't want to continue with the lie.
Yes, but we are good now. I said and felt relieved. 
Okay, if there is anything you would like to tell me, I'm always here.  He said. How can someone be this sweet.

He hung up and I threw my mobile phone on the bed, realizing my clothes is almost dries off, I hurried to the bathroom and had a cold bath, dried myself and wore my newly picked clothes.

Hurrying off, I went back to the sitting and sat across the television.  My mom came back downstairs and went to the kitchen.  I stood up gently and went to the kitchen too, Mel was there.  I mentally rolled my eyes and took a seat next to her. 

The day went off like that with mom saying jokes and Mel just laughing as I just smiled like an idiot  that couldn't comprehend words..

I didn't notice some questions were directed to me, because I had spaced out every 5 minutes in twenty minutes. 

'Mae'. My mom called, what's wrong. 
Nothing Mom. I snapped feeling guilty that I did.  I'm sorry mom. I apologized.

It's okay, but the fact that you are having issues doesn't give you the right to be snappy. She said smiling.  Yes mom. I said smiling back.

Mae, Mom , I want to tell you guys, I'll be moving back to UK since I've been here for a year now and I have to execute everything I have in mind .
Mae said without looking up from the table, my eyes grew wide, so shocked from what I've just heard.

So Mel, when do  you plan to go back. My mom and I both said in unison, Mel looked at us and shook her head, 'you guys are so connected ' . She said.

*
*
*

HELLO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN READING MY STORY FOR A WHILE NOW. I'M SO GRATEFUL, KNOWING THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS.
AS I HAVE MENTIONED EARLY THIS IS MY FIRST STORY HERE, SO IF YOU THINK THERE IS ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP ME IMPROVE, YOU CAN COMMENT AND I'LL TAKE TO IT WITH LOVE.
THANKS TO  Y'ALL

MAEALEKS❤❤