Epilogue: Pt II [XXX]

He fluttered his eyes open but as soon as he did, he shut them back due to the strong sunlight coming from his window.

He groaned as he remembered that he forgot to close the curtains before sleeping.

"Yoongi-ah! Did you wake up?"

He looked at the bed beside him to find his roommate and bestfriend sitting on the bed with a genuine smile on his face. He wanted to smile back but didn't.

"No, Hobi, I'm still sleeping," He said coldly and Hoseok chuckled lightly before heading to the toilet.

He hated his life. He hated school. Even though it was terrible, there was those two things that made him want to continue living. His one and only true friend who kept all his secrets and the piano.

He loved the piano so much. At his hard times, he found the piano the one embracing him.

It was a Monday morning and he hated the fact that the weekend wasn't there yet. It was nothing special, though. Since he had no home, he stayed in the weekend with Hoseok's family who were extremely kind.

Sometimes he stayed in the boys' dorm and played the piano all day long. But that meant he wouldn't eat full meals since the cafeteria closes because the chefs should have weekends as a vacation, too. He eats snacks for the only food available was from the vending machines.

He washed up and wore the boring uniform. The uniform's colours were dull that they made you feel even worse. He wasn't sure if he loved the school or not. But he sure loved that he was smart.

If he didn't have a high IQ, he wouldn't've enrolled in this school, which means, he wouldn't've had a place to stay and he wouldn't've taken a 100% free scholarship to college.

His mind flashbacked two years ago when his parents died in a car crash and if it wasn't for the piano, he would've killed himself. He sold his parents' house. He could barely afford school.

Bullies called him homeless. Hoseok was the only student who befriended him because apparently, he was the only student with a heart of gold. That was why Yoongi would do anything for his friend.

"Let's go," Hoseok intterupted his thoughts, opening the door and smiling.

He walked with Hoseok to class, ignoring all the hurtful words he heard from several students. Even girls. After Hoseok befriended him, Hoseok lost his own friends. After they did that, Hoseok knew that he was friends with the wrong people. So he never let go of Yoongi.

Hoseok was Yoongi's hope, as Yoongi said. Because he was the only one, besides the piano, who could stop his reckless suicidal thoughts. So he called him J-Hope. And Hobi was another nickname.

He got in class and ignored the death glares Taehyung was giving him. Taehyung was jealous of Yoongi. Taehyung was the best piano player in school till Yoongi enrolled.

Yoongi looked at his desk and ignored the hate notes written by several people. But there was a new one. And it caught his eye.

"No matter how close you are from the piano, you won't be able to play it."

He assumed it was from Taehyung. Stupid insane kid, he thought.

After class was over, the teacher told Yoongi that the headmistress wanted him in her office.

He wasn't surprised. He had dyed his hair the night before. She scolded him and told him to remove the colour and he nodded, even though he wouldn't. She didn't expel him because she knew about his state. She told him he had only one chance.

---

The clock stroke 12:00 a.m.. He looked at Hobi, who was sleeping then left the dorm and headed to the main building and into the music room.

He did that every night. At 12:00 a.m., he played the piano. It was the only way to stop the nightmares. It was 12:58 and he didn't want to leave.

He heard footsteps behind him. He turned around and before he could react, someone pushed him, making him hit his back on the keys.

"Now show me how you'll play the piano."

He was picked up and thrown above the piano. It was dark and he couldn't see clearly. Someone sat above him and swinged a huge knife, finally meeting Yoongi's heart.

His eyes opened wide, and that's how they stayed. He didn't have the time to feel any pain. Taehyung panted as he looked at the dead bloody body under him.

He got off him and off the piano. He looked at Yoongi's corpse for the last time then left, with the knife in his hand, which was covered in blood, dripping and leaving red marks on the floor.

He made sure that no matter how close Yoongi is from the piano, he won't be able to play it. But he didn't know that Yoongi was close to the piano, not close from it.

Yoongi shut his eyes then opened them again. He sat on the piano then went down. He sat in front of it and continued playing. He ignored his dead body on top of the piano.

He knew that was going to happen anyway.

Date of Death: 23rd of April, 2012
Time of Death: 1:00 a.m.
Cause of Death: Murder