two.

Song for chapter 2: Biting Down (Stripped) - Lorde

I opened my eyes. It was hard to see at first, blurry and bright. It stung a bit, but the pain faded.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The heart rate monitor sounded. I noticed there was an IV in my hand and a breathing machine connected to my nose. The hospital room was cold.

I observed the room. The walls were light blue and the flooring was nice, white tiles with black specks. A large window was to the left of me, I seemed to be a few stories up.

I turned my head to view the rest of the cold room. I noticed a clock on the wall directly in front of the bed, above the sink and mirror. The time read 7:13AM. As I looked to my right, i noticed a small green couch where my mother was sleeping. There was a window above the couch that stretched along the wall, all the way to the door. I noticed my mothers long brown hair reaching for the floor as she lied on her side, her back facing me.

"M-Mom." I said, my voice flat and sharp.

She didn't budge.

"Mom." I spoke louder this time.

She jerked awake. Already crying, she got up from the couch and quickly made her way to me, reaching for my face, she cried "you're okay, sweetie."

She hugged me tight, her face caressing my neck.

"You scared me. Why did you do this? Is everything alright?" She spoke, her voice shaking as tears flowed down her cheeks.

All I could manage to cry out was a soft, "I'm sorry."

I hugged her back, tight. Tears began to fall from my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Mom." I cried out in pain.

As we both cried together, the door opened. My mom and I turned to see a woman walk in, she appeared to be a doctor. Her scrubs were navy blue and she wore a white cloak that read "Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, Dr. Robbins" her hair was long, wavy and blonde. She had sea blue eyes and sharp jawline.

"How's everything?" Dr. Robbins asked.

"I'm doing okay, but my stomach aches a bit." I said letting out a sniffle.

"You should be fine, we had to pump your stomach to get the pills out. I'll get you some water if you'd like." She spoke. Her voice was soft and cute.

"No, I'm okay for now." I looked into her eyes with a slight smile, my eyes still red from crying.

She smiled back and walked towards me. She sat at the foot of the bed and glanced up at my mother.

Dr. Robbins asked my mother softly,"Anne, would it be okay if we had a minute?"

I looked at my mother and nodded my head, "Just a minute Mom, please?" I asked.

My mom nodded and turned to leave. I watched her walked out of the room. When she closed the door, she went to the window, watching with her arms crossed. Her face showed a soft smile.

Dr. Robbins turned to me, "My name is Arizona." She spoke.

Arizona looked me in the eyes, "I know life can be hard, trust me. I was in a plane crash." Her eyes started to get watery.

She looked back up at me, "In 2011, a few other surgeons and I were in a plane crash. We went down in the woods. A piece of metal was in my leg." She pulled up the bottom of her pants.

She had a prosthetic leg. "I had to amputate my leg." She said, her voice shaking.

"My friend, Dr. Grey lost her sister, Lexie. We also lost a friend named Mark. We were stranded for days. It was the worst time of my life. My ex wife was the Orthopedic surgeon at this hospital, and she made the call to amputate my leg. I was angry at her and myself for months. I didn't want to live, but I made it through it. I- I made it through it because I was strong and fought like hell to keep going. So I want to ask you to do the same. Look ahead, and don't let anything hold you back."

Arizona was crying now. She turned her head towards the window, then back to me. I sat upright in my bed, and gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry that happened." I said

"Don't be sorry sweetie. Life comes at you fast." I could hear the smile.

I let go of her and pulled my arms to my side and turned to my mom and waved my hand for her to come back in.

When she opened the door, I asked, "Where's Gemma?"

"She's at a friends house. I called Ashleigh's mother and asked if Gemma could stay over for the night." She said as she sat on the couch.

Dr. Robbins was still sitting on the bed when she unintentionally interrupted our conversation, "So, I'm going to keep you overnight just to make sure you're stable." She said looking at me.

"You should be up and out of here tomorrow morning." Her voice was comforting.

"Oh I almost forgot, I'll be right back" Arizona said, bursting off the bed and making her way to the door.

  As she left the room, my mother took Arizona's place on the bed and grabbed my hand.

"I love you, Harry." She spoke softly.

"I love you too, mom." I replied, squeezing her hand.

The door squeaked open and Dr. Robbins made her way towards my mother and I.

She was looking at a flier,"Here are some fliers for amazing rehabilitation centers for teens and young adults."

She looked at me and smiled, then glanced at my mother.

She handed me a flier, "They're all great, but-"

I cut her off, "I'm not going to rehab." And handed her the flier back.

She had a confused look on her face as she looked at me, then the flier, and then to my mother.

"Oh, you're going!" My mother stated, with a hint of attitude.

She reached for the flier Arizona was holding and read the title aloud, "Shoreline Health & Rehabilitation Center."

"Hmm. Sounds interesting, I'll give them a call tomorrow when we leave." My mother said as she looked at me with a hint of sadness on her face.

-

Word count: 1071