Chapter 2

Hello Peeps. This is the second chapter.... I hope you liked the first and like this one tooo. Leave comments for future chapters pleaaaaaaase.

"How has it been with the move and everything?"

My parents have barely spoken, but eating as fast as they could like they haven't had a proper meal in years. The Branson's are eating very slowly, but keeping good time. The couple is rather uptight, backed off, as if something about my parents scare them. Jasper has hardly touched her main course, making sure she eats the appetizer as slow as possible, it looks as if she's trying to get all the information on the few things my parents reply back to some of their questions.

I ordered the steak at Mino's Italian Restaurant. It's not the best I've ever had, but the sauce made everything explode in colors. When I first tried the sauce I remember feeling grey and bored that night, but as soon as I ate into the steak soaked in the sauce, it was like my eyes had found a new way of showing me color. Everything was sharp and bright. The color was rich and I couldn't see a bit of grey.  After that, the steak was the only thing I ever ordered or ever would order there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It wasn't that hard. We had a very busy schedule, so we just put the boxes in the garage and this kid got the rest done."

Mr. Addisin patted Jax's head as if he was a dog. That really made me feel bad. I mean you leave the kid at home alone all day, make him unpack YOUR stuff, and from the cuts and bruises on his arms, I can tell he has done some work on building and fixing, fast fingers, so computer games?

Ugh, getting distracted, Mrs. Addisin just said something and I missed it, by the way my parents are looking at her it must have been important. Great, I'll be making cakes for hours for them to get them to spill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's very interesting, Sarah, I would like to hear more sometime, but I would like to know how old Mr. Jax is."

I am instantly snapped back into reality after staring at Jasper for the past few seconds. I tell Mr. Branson I'm 16 and he tell me I look exactly my age and maybe even older. I take that as a compliment, but my parents glare at him as if he just insulted them, which they have never done. This whole 'Getting back together' thing seems a bit off and is triggering everyone except Jasper and me, who haven't talked at all except for some 'thank you's and 'excuse me's. It's all very confusing and fishy which I can tell Jasper thinks so too because she gives me the look 'I have to tell you something'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Would you excuse me, I will be right back."

I get up and walk over to the restroom and wait around the corner where no one can see me. After about two minutes Jax comes around the corner and has the famous 'What on earth is happening, please explain' face. I can't help, but see the way his nose scrunches up when he is confused and how his hands come out of his pockets and run his hands through his hair before speaking. He asks what is going on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I've asked my parents why we have had these little "meetings" lately, but they are stubborn and never tell me anything, but what I have gathered is that my parents are not fans of your parents, so they aren't strangers, but they haven't seen each other in a while. In a while, I mean in years, they haven't seen each other in years. Not many anyway. I know your parents threatened mine at some point or else they wouldn't have been so uptight. Plus mine must have threatened yours when my Dad asked about your age."