The Travelers

Everyone thought they were just imagining things when they saw beings running beside their cars. They weren't. The travelers are real and they only want one thing. Power.

These travelers know that if they seem unreal and insignificant enough, they could turn people insane. Once they were insane, they would be under the mercy of their manipulative ways. They could be easily controlled.

Travelers knew that humans didn't want to believe they were crazy, so they would force themselves to think it was only in their imaginations. Humans are so prideful that they don't know the difference between fantasy and reality. That's how easily they can be controlled.

Once they got the whole world under the idea that they were all crazy, they swarmed houses and anywhere else people were. Everyone continued to believe they were delusional and soon, mental hospitals began filling up. The humans were right where their invaders wanted them. Cooped up in crazy houses.

The travelers took over governments and put armys of people under their control. There was no escape for the people who doubted themselves so much. Well, maybe there was one way.

You see, there were already geniuses in disguise as delusional conspiracy theorists. Those people came in handy. There were just enough of them connected by the human creation of the internet.

The travelers couldn't see what was on the screens because all they could see was white. Their one weakness was human technology. Crazy, right? Even what we think is the most mundane can be the most useful.

These 'delusional conspiracy theorists' were going to save the world. They had already thought up the craziest of scenarios so they were more than prepared. They created a private online organization called "The Hidden Saviors."
The name brought on a sense of pride and motivated those theorists.

The Hidden Saviors were spread out across the world in large groups. Their motto was "Save the world or die trying" and they followed it to the day they figured out if there was an afterlife or not.
_________________________________________________